• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,326
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted User

OP
So yeah..
I don't want to read backups using homebrew, as that's what my modchip is for.
Can I install VC? WiiWare? play doom?

Just want a list of what I CAN do without messing around with c/IOS's. (or if it's easier, what i can't do)

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can't play backups. can do everything else.

have fun!

edit: actually that might be a lie, don't know if you can dump disc backups without cios?

D

Deleted User

OP
:S i really wanted to dump discs....I jst don't want to screw up my wii again (last time it was anyregionchanger) i'll just go with the good old hardware modding to play backups, might even push towards those dvd drives that can copy wii discs....

Damian1221

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you can dump disks just not over http. Also you can install DVDX for watching dvds and reading Data Dvds in eumlaters or whatever, no CIOS needed if you choose normal install. If you choose PatchMii install it will make its own "CIOS" i guess but you don't need a WiiGator or Waninkoko CIOS.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So yeah..

Just want a list of what I CAN do without messing around with c/IOS's. (or if it's easier, what i can't do)
you can do everything & more with a chip, you said you have one so WHY are use saying he cant read backups with CIOS, CIOS is not needed if yu have a chip!

D

Deleted User

OP
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
So yeah..

you can do everything & more with a chip, you said you have one so WHY are use saying he cant read backups with CIOS, CIOS is not needed if yu have a chip!

not to run backups...
But i want to say dump my discs..or play some quake, or wiiware/VC.
Does installing that stuff require a cIOS or a downgrade of the IOS?

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
shouldn't the chip just allow your wii to read dvd's anyway? i dont know mch about chips lol

but do a patchmii install of dvdx, then you can watch dvd's

quake doesn't need any cios, nor does wiiware.

dumping disks does.

D

Deleted User

OP
CIJC said:
shouldn't the chip just allow your wii to read dvd's anyway? i dont know mch about chips lol

but do a patchmii install of dvdx, then you can watch dvd's

quake doesn't need any cios, nor does wiiware.

dumping disks does.

k so currently the only problem is dumping discs...
So it's either i get one of those lg drives, i install a cIOS or i just dont dump discs...
is there an option D(Don't say use the orignals, because i'm dumping originals so the originals stay clean for resale if i get bored)?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dnmn8e said:
So yeah..

Question is: Which firmware do you use/do you plan to use?
If you use 3.2 you can do most of the stuff possible, but without messing around with the nintendo IOS files, you can't play newer games.
If you use a crap firmware, you can play newer games, but trucha signed discs are dead for you.

I really would recommend you to "mess around" with the IOS files, if you stay at a lower firmware you should install the new IOS files from nintendo. And if you ugrade, you should at least install one of Waninkoko's cIOS as IOS249, in order to keep your possibilites if you change your mind later.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a chip but have some cIOS and Backup launcher just incase my chip decides to die to be honest i couldn't tell you what does and does not work without cIOS as ive been trying out pretty much everything i come across

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
I have a chip but have some cIOS and Backup launcher just incase my chip decides to die to be honest i couldn't tell you what does and does not work without cIOS as ive been trying out pretty much everything i come across
I believe that having a modchip will screw up the reading of the disk because it can already understand the disk. But I can see the point of you using it if anything happens to the chip.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I believe that having a modchip will screw up the reading of the disk because it can already understand the disk. But I can see the point of you using it if anything happens to the chip.
Excuse me?
Where have you got that info from, having a modchip fores code so the wii believes it's a legit signed disc...

your chip will never Fuck up till a good amount of time....your drive will be killed more than the chip..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edgedancer said:
Sorry about that. I am half asleep. I meant to say that because the modchip will verify the disc, it will interfer with the back-up loader.

? SoftChip loads originals too. A modchip makes the Wii believe the backup is an original.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay maybe my mind is screwed up because of lack of sleep but here I go.
If you have a modchip in the wii and you try to use the backup loader, with a original and patched copy, the game may not work correctly as the modchip would interfere with the processes associated with making the wii read disks without a modchip.
Let it be known that I have no idea about the softchip and am only speaking from what I have heard about with wiigators loader.
I am probably going to wake up tomorrow and wonder what kind of idiot I am.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess the decrypted discs won't work, but the code for original and 1:1 copy loading is exactly the same code in SoftChip. In SoftChip you have no chance to get to know if you load a backup or an original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: