What can nintendo do about "Brazilian method"

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Risingdawn, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Title sais it all really, only for personal interest.

What could the future bring, can they even "fix" it, could an update render the method unusable or installed titles, would love some expert predictions/opinions/speculation.

Cheers all.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Think of it like installing .tik files on the 3DS.. i don't think there has been any bans or anything. Same with .cias on 3DS - until then, I doubt it would be any different.

3. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    The fact that the Wii U hasn't been updated in forever is interesting in regard to this subject. you would think that potentially Nintendo could kill the browser exploit we have that gives us access to the Homebrew Launcher which would kill our ability to add more games. Yet I doubt there is much of anything they can do at this point to the titles you have already installed with the Brazilian method. I'm genuinely curious if Nintendo feels compelled to even try and combat Wii U hacking at this point, or if it is so late in the console's lifespan (a console that sadly never had a huge install base mind you) that they might just view it as a lost cause.

Last edited by duffmmann, Nov 1, 2016
  4. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Pretty much missed the 3DS scene, all ignorance on my part I did have ironhax time ago but I never blocked updates

5. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    eShop installs of legitimate games have your console ID encoded into the ticket. Disc tickets have a global console ID that is only used for discs, updates and system files

It would be very easy for Nintendo to issue a system update that deletes games that are installed with the global console ID, because they should not exist on any system. Even pre-installs are done with your console ID

Finally, it is also probably easy enough for Nintendo to see that you are using a disc ticket with an eShop install, as they can demonstrably do with Wii Sports Club, so it is also possible you could get banned from online play.

In conclusion:
    1) Never update your sysnand, your games might get removed and (obviously) exploits could be patched
    2) Go online in games at your own risk

6. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    They keep killing the 3ds browser hack and i think the most recent updates have been brutal from the little I've been reading.
    I would have thought they will definitely try to kill it before the next Zelda at the very least.

7. ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler GBAtemp Fan

Nov 5, 2015
    Netherlands
    They could fix it with a firmware update by patching the webkit exploit (and by extension the kernel exploit), seeing as the last Wii U's are rolling off the conveyor belt though, chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. vanartic

vanartic Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    Italy
  9. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  10. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I doubt they will want Zelda sales looking shit in the financials

11. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    If I were them I would do nothing more on the Wii U console. There will be no NEW devs jumping into the Wii U, the ones that are already here probably regret it, and it's in Nintendo's best interest to sell the remaining Wii U consoles they have left, so why no leave the hacks for people to go out and buy a console for the same?

proflayton123 likes this.
  12. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    off topic: Which Linux distro do you use? ;)

13. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I actually work providing Linux support, so the mayor releases, Oracle Linux, Redhat, Suse, Centos. For personal testing I use Oracle Linux, or Redhat depending what product or usage I am giving it/testing.

proflayton123 likes this.
  14. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Hence why I'm questioning if Nintendo is even bothering to combat it on the Wii U, the console is barely alive at this point, and it doesn't have a huge install base. Nintendo may just deem it not worth their time and resources to deal with, at least at the moment. Maybe right as Breath of the Wild is to be released they'll feel a need to address it... then again, they probably expect the majority of Zelda sales to come from the Switch as it is at this point, I honestly don't expect a Wii U update before 2017.

Last edited by duffmmann, Nov 1, 2016
  15. Risingdawn
    OP

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Personally I would think the revenue from ZeldaU sales predictions would be higher than WiiU console sales predictions leading to an update version that Zelda requires.

Not saying your wrong tho

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ninjd lol