ROM Hack What can I do with Luma's external code loading?

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
The Luma wiki explains what it is, but doesn't go over what you would use it for.

Can I load patches/translations/romhacks with it somehow? For example I have the Fire Emblem If v4.0 translation files, and I don't want to have to patch the entire ROM and install it again, can I convert them and load them with Luma?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its for romhacks and translations of games.

To use a hack you have to extract the code.bin for your game and patch this file.
The patched file needs to be copied in the path thats explained in the Wiki.

With the latest nightly build of Luma there is also an option for loading game patches in the ips format so you only need to put the .ips file with all cheats/hack you want (the cheats/hacks have to be combined into one file) in the right folder for your game and Luma loads them when you start the game.

https://github.com/ev1l0rd/ev1l0rd.github.io/wiki/Sun-and-Moon-injection-guide

Here you can find a tutorial for extracting the code.bin out of your game. The tutorial is for pokemon sun/moon but should also work for other games. Just skip the last step were it says to patch the code.bin with SMPatcher because thats only for Pokemon Sun/Moon

Last edited by noX1609,

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry don't know that because i haven't done model switching yet.

But think the pro's on the forum can answer the question (interessts me too :))

D

Deleted User

No, it won't, because models are usually in the RomFS. You'll need NTR CFW for that (it runs with Home Menu)

Reactions: thane98

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
OK so basically it needs a copy of the entire RomFS, so it doesn't actually help in my case.
NTR supports LayeredFS but the requirements to make a LayeredFS plugin call for an installation of DevKitPro.

Probably my best bet to avoid repatching the .3DS, building a CIA, and having to free ~6GB of space for installation though.

Celediel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
burning.moe
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ