Hacking What can I do with a nandmod?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS hardmod is only another method to write a NAND.bin to your SysNAND, without needing to boot up the system.

If you never had a NAND.bin from that specific 3DS, you're out of luck. Otherwise, you can use a hardmod to unbrick that bricked 3DS.

In that case, there won't be any more risk trying to get the OTP from your system, because you can easily unbrick with the hardmod method.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
3DS hardmod is only another method to write a NAND.bin to your SysNAND, without needing to boot up the system.

If you never had a NAND.bin from that specific 3DS, you're out of luck. Otherwise, you can use a hardmod to unbrick that bricked 3DS.

In that case, there won't be any more risk trying to get the OTP from your system, because you can easily unbrick with the hardmod method.
I have a NAND.bin from gateway 3.0.1, so I should be fine.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then yes, you'll definitely want to install a hardmod on your system so you can flash that NAND.bin to your SysNAND to unbrick, then try again.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try again what? I got bricked from trying sysupdater in CAKESFW before there was a way to disable FIRM patching.
Hardmod your console, flash NAND.bin to your SysNAND to recover from the brick, and then try updating (did you mean downgrading?) again with firmpatch disabled.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can fuck anything but really dont fuck anything.
Any brick can be solved in 10 minutes. Of course,you can test any un-finished program or exploit like A9LH,downgrades,etc. Of course,if you update the console,you can downgrade it restoring a NAND backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE