What can I do with a nandmod?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by thisisallowed, Mar 24, 2016.

1. thisisallowed
    OP

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Title. Does it make it easier to get the OTP? Do I don't have to worry about bricks?
    I'm doing one since my 3DS is bricked.

2. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    3DS hardmod is only another method to write a NAND.bin to your SysNAND, without needing to boot up the system.

If you never had a NAND.bin from that specific 3DS, you're out of luck. Otherwise, you can use a hardmod to unbrick that bricked 3DS.

In that case, there won't be any more risk trying to get the OTP from your system, because you can easily unbrick with the hardmod method.

3. thisisallowed
    OP

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    I have a NAND.bin from gateway 3.0.1, so I should be fine.

4. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Then yes, you'll definitely want to install a hardmod on your system so you can flash that NAND.bin to your SysNAND to unbrick, then try again.

5. thisisallowed
    OP

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    Try again what? I got bricked from trying sysupdater in CAKESFW before there was a way to disable FIRM patching.

6. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Hardmod your console, flash NAND.bin to your SysNAND to recover from the brick, and then try updating (did you mean downgrading?) again with firmpatch disabled.

7. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    I would certainly recommend it, got mine done professionally by @gamesquest1

It is worth paying for a service, the quality of the work is like from a shop

8. thisisallowed
    OP

thisisallowed 中国御宅族

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    I'm going to a shop since i'm not in the US. That shop does RGH so they know how to solder.

9. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Antarctica
    You can fuck anything but really dont fuck anything.
    Any brick can be solved in 10 minutes. Of course,you can test any un-finished program or exploit like A9LH,downgrades,etc. Of course,if you update the console,you can downgrade it restoring a NAND backup.