What bone(s) have you broken?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by NeSchn, Aug 29, 2008.

Aug 29, 2008

What bone(s) have you broken? by NeSchn at 11:49 PM (3,538 Views / 0 Likes) 49 replies

1. NeSchn
    OP

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Broken Right Forearm: In third grade during a snow storm my sister and I were taking turning sliding down the snow covered slide on our feet. I already did it and couple times but this time that I did it I fell and I smashed my forearm off a metal pole that was connected to the playground set. My mom thought I just bruised it pretty good but when I keep on complaining that I could feel the two parts of the bone grinding together (not a pleasant feeling) she took me to the hostpital and sure enough it was broken.

Fractured Shoulder: Summer before 7th grade, I was getting off the phone and going back into the TV room. We had the door closed so my dog Chloe couldn't go around the house because she still wasn't potty trained. In between the kitchen and the TV room is a small little pantry room with the cellat (trap) door. I didn't hear my brother come home but he was down in the basement doing laundry and I just opened up the door and the next I am on the hard gravel floor of my basement (we have a colonial style house and our cellar is a six foot hole with a wooden ladder attached to it, and its all dirt and gravel down there). When I was falling down my arm went over my head and fractured the bone a bit. So, I get up holding my arm in pain and my brother takes me to the hospital and they said that I fractured my shoulder and I had to be in a sling for the rest of the summer (only about 2 weeks were left). I only remember one image of the fall which is when I arm got broken otherwise I just remember my brother picking me up off the ground and coming back to my senses.

Broken Toe: 2 days ago I was letting my dog inside and I tripped over the gate that we have in front of the door that leads out to the porch so Chloe can't get out and get loose. When I got my balance my right foot came crashing down into a laundry basket that was next to the freezer and I was sitting there hopping around in pain and saying "Holy shit this hurts like a motherfucker!", it still does hurt really bad, its bruised, and I can barely move it which is why I and my mom believe that its broken. Piece of shit toe.

Now while I read through all of this I think Chloe (my dog) has it out for me, if we never got her these sort of things would never happen. Damn dog, oh well I love my chloe though.

[​IMG]

Your stories?

2. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Never broken a bone. If everything goes to plan, I never will.

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Same thing.
    And I never twisted anything either!

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Is teeth a bone? I've had my teeth broken in half (but not knocked out!) It was VERY painful. It was against a metal bed frame, and I also cracked my skull open at that time.

5. sudosniper

Newcomer sudosniper Member

United States
    oh man so many stories to choose to choose from but ill use the must painful for now when i was like 11 there was a forest thing in the middle of the town house complex and me and a bunch of other people were swing from a vine well i happen to lose my grip and fell 25 feet onto a cement slab covered in thorns luckily i landed on my arms but they both broke i went to the hospital doctor asked me which one hurt more and didnt xray the other one a week later i went back to get it xray'd and it to was broken [​IMG]

6. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Had plenty of sprains and nearly broken fingers (They will never be the same, really!! [​IMG] ) But I dont particularly plan on breaking any bones.. [​IMG]

7. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I've broken a Bone

Warning: Spoilers inside!

8. NeSchn
    OP

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Oh damn, I wouldn't have even tried that because I would be afraid of falling. I think they should have had better safety precautions.

9. XeonZ

Member XeonZ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Uh, I broke my right arm when I was 5. I went down the turn on a slide too fast and I didn't pull off the landing. >.>

10. sudosniper

Newcomer sudosniper Member

United States
    fatal flaw with that precaution 11 years olds dont think about stuff like that...or at least i didnt [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    Searching helps so you don't make duplicates of topics! [​IMG]

Sprained toe while fighting with my brother while playing Starwars Duels

12. seedvt

Member seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I haven't broken a single bone in my body.

13. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Ouch.
    I once lost consciousness in class and woke up with a broken teeth...Sure hurt when I woke up, but I was lucky I was unconscious when it happened [​IMG]

Never broke a bone, though...I badly sprained an ankle once, though...Now it makes crackling sounds when I move it around, and it still hurts sometimes [​IMG]
    That was painful enough for me, so I hope I'll never break anything...I've been careful ever since I've seen that vid of a skater breaking his arm when I was a kid...Now I usually avoid any dangerous stunts that might leave me injured [​IMG]

14. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    um well i broke my ankle 4 years ago. ran and jumped of a 10ft+ wall and landed sideways on my foot, also it was wetsand (so very hard). the ankle broke in 3 places (including the grotheplate) also the bone was starting to come through the skin (yummy). well im all better now and no problems with that foot.

any way 1 1/2 years later i was in a building site with a mate looking around a new house. so we hear a police syrun. thinking that we had be seen we rush to get out, once outside i trip on a wall and land on a brick really badly spraining my ankle(not the same one as i broke luckly), then i have to crawl/hop for 15mins to get back to a road so my mum could pick me up and take me to the hospitle. a few days late my foot turnt black, purple a green due to the brusing.

15. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I fracture my wrists 3 times in the space of 18 months. Nothing serious as they were just minor greenstick fractures but still embarassing for it to happen.

1. I was playing soccer on a patch of dirt and the ball comes at me. I slip over and land on my wrist fracturing it.
    2. I was playing touch footy in school and the ball is bombed and I try to grap it and it lands squarely on my wrist, fracturing it again.
    3. I was playing handball 2 weeks after getting the cast off. I am playing well and I run for the far side of the square to return the ball but I hit it and keep going. I run straight into the wall and fracture my wrist again.

It has been 3 years now since it happened so I am thankful that nothing more serious happened.

16. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    My own or others'? I fractured some guy's arm in a fight back in 8th grade and broke a girl's nose with a punch(cartilage?) but I never broke one of my own. The closest I came to it was smashing my head against the floor when I was three which needed stitching so that explains why I'm so screwy now. [​IMG]

17. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    i broke my arm before. When i was young me and my sister were playing a santa game and she told me to pretend i was alseep on the top bunk and she was santa and came up to the top bunk and kicked me off it, landed on my arm funny and it got fucked up.

18. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I haven't broke any bones...yet [​IMG]

19. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I dislocated my elbow skateboarding. I was really sort of asking for it. We were skating a super janky flatbar we made consisting of 8 feet of semi-rusty steel pipe and a couple of cinder blocks. Not in the least bit stable, but when you're young, you feel pretty damn invincible. Anyway, I managed to grind the flatbar a couple of times and I was going for a simple boardslide when the cinderblocks fell over and I fell back with my left arm fully extended. I felt the bones in my elbow do something weird, and I reached over with my right hand to confirm the contorted state of my left arm. Within seconds, I grabbed my left wrist and yanked it as hard as I could. I managed to pop the bones back in to place, and luckily, it was winter so I slid my sweatshirt off and threw the long sleeves behind my neck to make a sling. By now, my friends realized that something horrible had gone wrong and they were asking if they could help. I just told them to tie a knot with the sleeves and I was good to go. I drove myself home (even though my car at the time was a 5-speed manual transmission Mazda Protege). When I got home, my girlfriend at the time asked me what was wrong with me and I told her what happened. She freaked out and made me go to the emergency room where I had to wait 3 hours for an X-ray that basically confirmed that I had popped all the bones back into the right place. They didn't give me a cast or anything. My elbow still looks a little messed up since I started skating again before it was fully healed up.

20. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    I fall and trip ALOT, but thanks goodness.. i've never broke any bone [​IMG]