Hacking What am I doing wrong?

BiscuitCookie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am burning with a SONY DVD RW DW-U12A on SONY DVD+R (burning Pikmin)
when I check with DVDInfoPro the Pi and PIO are absurd high I tried on a other computer and got exactly the same amouunt of PI and PIO (around the 99xxxxxxxx PI and 24xxxx PIO) and also tried a burning a other file (Pikmin 2) same result.

The only differences are in the graphs but they are really small

The files are not the problem I checked them on a GCemulator and work fine

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Media as well as burn speed can affect the graphs...

Are you getting disc read errors? Is the game playable?

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Burn at a MUCH slower speed than 16x. try 4x or 2x...
Use DVD-R media and NOT DVD+R media. Buy Verbatim DVD-R, they seem to have a lot of praise from many many people regarding playability on the wii...

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Dj-Biscuit said:
burning at slower speed seems to give more errors at least every tut I have read says so
but anyway gonna try

It is different for everyone, all the tutorials also state this. It is recommended to burn at the speed on the disc, but it is also recommended to try several burns and test them, because all hardware and media are different.

Then the golden question remains; Your computer says the burn is good, but who says its good for the wii's laser? They are compeltely different, what is good for one thing isn't always good for another...

I have not heard a LOT of reports of wii's laser dying, and I have played and tested about 500+ discs on my wii with not one problem, so I wouldn't stress over it too much unless your get DRE's...

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Why haven't you tried DVD-R, i find it at least 10x more reliable on the wii than DVD+R, but that's just me...

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I Use TDK DVD-R and always burn at 4x and everything I do works fine, but like said before the Wii much prefers DVD-R and not +R.

Be careful when buying Verbatim because sumtimes you get the crap ones which i wasted money on and none worked at all on Wii and made terrible film back-ups

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?