What actually happens when you "remarry" a pkg?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Targi, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Targi
    OP

Targi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2018
    United States
    Say you remarry a update.pkg to a game.pkg, what actually changes to allow it to no longer give an error? I'm probably wrong, but the only things I see different before and after a remarried pkg is:

Sc0\origin-deltainfo.dat : ___MISSING___...___________WORKING\2_patch_dump\
    Image0\sce_discmap_patch.plt : MISMATCH
    Sc0\param.sfo : MISMATCH
    Sc0\pic0.dds : MISMATCH
    Sc0\pic1.dds : MISMATCH
    Sc0\playgo-chunk.dat : MISMATCH
    Sc0\playgo-chunk.sha : MISMATCH

There could be more, but I'm wondering what magic orbis-pub-gen casts to "remarry" the pkg. The only difference in the param.sfo's between update.pkg's before and after are in PUBTOOLINFO and PUBTOOLVER, as far as I can tell with orbis-pub-sfo at least.

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Afaik digest is paired.

3. Targi
    OP

Targi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2018
    United States
    Yeh...? What is that :-/ Is that a file, pairing or what?

There is also a file I can't find that is referred to in orbis-pub-cmd, it states several times...

"Refer to the Publishing Tools Command Line Version User's Guide for more information."

Do you know where this user guide is because that reference is made on several commands, but I have no idea where that is and can't find it via web search.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. Targi
    OP

Targi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2018
    United States
    Well, according to what I could find the digest appears to be sha values of tables. If SHA values are paired, I'm not sure where (or how unless an SHA is forged...?), maybe a digest is more than SHA. orbis-pub-cmd.exe file_digest <package> lists different digests for the game, patch, and remarried patch. As I it uses the whole pkg, that's not surprising.

If anyone knows of a good place to ask general questions like this, please let me know.

Note, i tried the pub-cmd for comparison of the 2 patchs (1 married, 1 not), it appears to only list 3 files mismatched (although some files appear to be skipped/ignored, ie. playgo-chunk)...

M Sc0/param.sfo
    M Sc0/pic0.dds (assuming sha values should match, .dds files should matter too right...?)
    M Sc0/pic1.dds

Last edited by Targi, Aug 17, 2018
    KiiWii likes this.
  5. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom