WFC and ROMS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ~~Tito~~, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009

WFC and ROMS by ~~Tito~~ at 2:11 AM (1,785 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ~~Tito~~
    OP

Newcomer ~~Tito~~ Advanced Member

United States
    OK, so I am trying to get a DS Lite, and a Cyclo DS. . .but

Can a ROM play perfectly on WFC or game sharing or local play?

Games like AC:WW, Pokemon, CoD Games, any other game that has online capability? Can a ROM make a FC and play online with other people? I have looked on Google, and I really don't get a clear answer. . . [​IMG]

I see all these people with error's and stuff, but the dates on their posts are like 2 years old, some on other forums, and some here.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    No DS emulator supports wifi connectivity.

3. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    @ Dan ~ I think he means can games play perfectly on Wifi Connection. I don't know where you can your information....

@ Tito ~ I play Pokemon online, Jump Ultimate Stars, all worked perfectly when I used the AceKard. So the CycloDS should work as well. A Rom is just like a retail game. It works, and plays the same way. It makes a Friend Code and it should be exactly like a retail games Friend Code from what I know.

4. ~~Tito~~
    OP

United States
    That is the exact answer I was hoping for! I thought that each game had a certain serial or code that tells the DS to generate a proper DS code and a ROM would basically be a duplicate of a game out there somewhere so if both played at the same time there would be conflict(like most pc games), I was wrong!

Thanks SOOO much.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    For some reason when I read the topic I thought he was talking about playing DS roms on the computer. My bad.

6. ~~Tito~~
    OP

United States
    Ahh, no problem, I did read over my post and its not clear on what I am playing it on. If it were someone else and I answered I probably would have thought if it was on the PC also.

7. Big Green

Newcomer Big Green Advanced Member

United States

Actually thats true, but the thing is that its determined by the game card AND you DS, so even if someone else had the real DS game, you wouldn't have the same Friend Code because you play on different DSs.

8. ~~Tito~~
    OP

United States
    Cool, so basically its a copy but the DS generates a different code since it doesn't know there is another copy. . . . .Works for me [​IMG] . .

Soon I will have my hands on a crimson DS and a flash cart, but which one.(I have an 8gb SanDisk micro SDHC card ready to use. . .)