Hacking Welp I broke it

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok, I bit the bullet and went along with the system update, and it stayed on the current firmware *whheew* so now I just redownload all the games I had before? Or is there a program that redownloads all your old tickets for you?

On a positive note, Thanks to Tomodachi life I'm able to restore all my precious Miis:blush:
love it when things come up Milhouse after a rough day

I thought Tikshop does exactly that? Download your old tickets that is. I've never used it but that's pretty much the description of the software. If you already have the games on your SD card, and have installed the tickets with Tikshop they should work as is.

You should also remember that there is literally 0% chance for Nintendo to roll out an update in which they remove A9LH because of the way it's installed. A9LH protects itself and persists through updates, but if Nintendo was to find a way to remove that protection they stil wouldn't be able to do anything because simply patching it would cause a brick and not only for A9LH users but normal users too. Not obviously something Nintendo can do, so they can't do anything. As such, if there's an system update .. Just update. You might as well. If you're worried - Update your Luma3DS before updating the console just in case. And if all else fails, you can always restore your backup which you surely have. Given this thread you don't actually have a backup (or didn't).. Did you create one? If not, boot into H9 by holding Start when powering on the device, and make one now, then back it up to several locations. You never know ..

Lastly, you can check on Nintendo's site for System Software Update History, by doing that you can clearly see that 11.2 is the latest update they rolled out. Your update most likely fixed something that was broken, such as Health and Safety app if you didn't inject hs.app back into it.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought Tikshop does exactly that? Download your old tickets that is. I've never used it but that's pretty much the description of the software. If you already have the games on your SD card, and have installed the tickets with Tikshop they should work as is.

You should also remember that there is literally 0% chance for Nintendo to roll out an update in which they remove A9LH because of the way it's installed. A9LH protects itself and persists through updates, but if Nintendo was to find a way to remove that protection they stil wouldn't be able to do anything because simply patching it would cause a brick and not only for A9LH users but normal users too. Not obviously something Nintendo can do, so they can't do anything. As such, if there's an system update .. Just update. You might as well. If you're worried - Update your Luma3DS before updating the console just in case. And if all else fails, you can always restore your backup which you surely have. Given this thread you don't actually have a backup (or didn't).. Did you create one? If not, boot into H9 by holding Start when powering on the device, and make one now, then back it up to several locations. You never know ..

Lastly, you can check on Nintendo's site for System Software Update History, by doing that you can clearly see that 11.2 is the latest update they rolled out. Your update most likely fixed something that was broken, such as Health and Safety app if you didn't inject hs.app back into it.
Haven't used it either, but I think you need to run Tiksweep as well to remove the unused ones and fix eshop issues

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

You are partially correct. There is no way for nintendo to fix this in a single update. Although you can brick your console if it doesnt protect the firm partitions while updating. But most cfw have this function automatically, so don't worry.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You are partially correct. There is no way for nintendo to fix this in a single update. Although you can brick your console if it doesnt protect the firm partitions while updating. But most cfw have this function automatically, so don't worry.

I seem to recall someone claiming that in order for Nintendo to uninstall A9LH from a system and subsequently patch it they would have to have access to the consoles OTP, which you can only get from 2.1. If this holds true then it's literally unimaginable that they can do anything as I doubt they would roll out an update that downgrades to 2.1 - a firmware that does not even exist on the N3DS just to get the OTP and then get rid of A9LH. I know that you can uninstall A9LH by restoring a NAND backup and not keeping A9LH but I don't see how Nintendo can do that through an system update.

If however, what I read was actually incorrect then never mind me, though I wouldn't mind someone more experienced to tell how they think Nintendo can get rid of A9LH .. if they can.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I seem to recall someone claiming that in order for Nintendo to uninstall A9LH from a system and subsequently patch it they would have to have access to the consoles OTP, which you can only get from 2.1. If this holds true then it's literally unimaginable that they can do anything as I doubt they would roll out an update that downgrades to 2.1 - a firmware that does not even exist on the N3DS just to get the OTP and then get rid of A9LH. I know that you can uninstall A9LH by restoring a NAND backup and not keeping A9LH but I don't see how Nintendo can do that through an system update.

If however, what I read was actually incorrect then never mind me, though I wouldn't mind someone more experienced to tell how they think Nintendo can get rid of A9LH .. if they can.

That is correct. But the payload gets installed in the firm partitions. While updating your 3ds it wil normally overwrite firm partitions with the newest firms. The way a9lh works it still is exploiting. But the correct payload is gone, with no way to restore it ( without a hardmod, as te 3ds doesn't boot anymore)

TekkamanChronos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cosplaykitsune.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay quick update on the current situation
Thanks to everyone's help I managed to restore my 3ds back to a good place ^_^.
I used Tiksweep and removed the unused tiks and nothing happened.
Maybe I did something wrong but it didn't fix my game situation .
They loaded on my homescreen but when I tried to play them I got stuck at the 3ds loading screen.
So using freeshop I removed all the games one by one and as soon as they were removed I redownloaded them.
I did it this way because I had so many games! I couldn't remember which ones I bought and I didn't want to miss any.
So once all the game were deleted and redownloaded, I reloaded the game folder backup I made before the modding process began and everything works fine now!

I made a new nand backup so so everything should be good just in case things go bad, and everything is going swimmingly now.

Thank you so much for all your help I can't express it enough how much this means to me.
I hope this thread helps someone in the future and will act as a lesson.
See what happens when you stray from the guide?!
Seeee, or something like that :P..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)