Weirdest Phone You Ever Had...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Kouen Hasuki, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Quite simple really post the weirdest phone you have ever had, if you have had one mind you.

for me it was this phone marked as a "Hantel S998"
    http://dx.com/p/s998-triband-2-8-touch-lcd-dual-sim-dual-network-standby-gsm-cell-phone-13597

It's keypad was odd but shockingly took no time to get used to
    it rang so loud you would have heart attack too and it had a awesome light show to music played through it... oh and as with all Chinese phones it was dual SIM

however the menu's was in Engerish and as with all Chinese battery's it didn't last long.

2. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    The iPhone 4... Just kidding. Well, I've always used smartphones, so not really all too weird, but due to certain circumstances, I had to sell my Galaxy S2 and use a Sanyo Katana flip phone from Sprint. What's weird for me is that I have to use the numpad if I want to text, so I have started to use chat acronyms and text shorthands. The phone itself is quite solid, durable, and is pretty cool, especially since blue is my favorite color.

[​IMG]

3. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Nokia 3650
    [​IMG]

very good smartphone and my first one, weird keypad but very comfortable for gaming, I used to play gameboy using the 1 number for up, 2 for left, asterisk for right, 3 for down, 9 for A, cushion for B, 5 for select and 6 for start.

4. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Nov 24, 2012
    I have acctuly not got my hands on this(maybe because it is the worst phone)
    But iPhone is the wierdes phone, special with the underpowered CPU And GPU, and its overpriced as heck...

5. Kirito-kun

Kirito-kun Disciple of GabeN

Banned
    Jul 23, 2013
    Canada
    22nd Floor

Not an Apple fanboy, but the iPhone 7's SoC is one of the most powerful currently on the market. It pushes over 100 GFLOPS on the GPU. That's twice the power of the PS Vita.

Overpriced, true. But it's not like flagship Androids cost much less. The main aspect of the iPhone one should criticize is the OS, which is outdated and useless compared to Android.

Hikaru likes this.
  6. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    wow you are from the future :O is there a SG5 out yet? I mean if ya already have the iPhone 7...

7. Kirito-kun

Kirito-kun Disciple of GabeN

Banned
    Jul 23, 2013
    Canada
    22nd Floor

I mean the A7 SoC. The one powering the iPhone 5S. And I don't own an iPhone. I'm just pointing out the fact that they aren't really underpowered in terms of hardware.

8. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    oh I see :)

9. Ralph Steven

Ralph Steven Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    I still remember my first phone: Nokia 3310:lol: For that time was a high-tech device and now it's just a part of the past. The first word that comes to mind when i think of this phone is Snake