schmocke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys.
I stumbled upon a weird issue a few days ago. A friend of mine and me wanted to play Mario Kart DS in Wifi-Mode. We did it before as well as other games like Tetris Party Deluxe, Space Invaders Extreme, Bust A Move DS etc. Last time, we used EOS 1.07 and it worked like a charm.
This time, both DSTWOs were on EOS 1.08 with latest patches installed - identically setup you could say. My friend owns a DSi, mine is a DSi XL. We are on Firmware 1.4E.
But, here comes the pain: none of the games we tried to play wireless gives us a connection - on both NDSes. the "Wifi-meter" shows nothin´ but red = no communication (yes, Wifi was enabled on both systems
smile.gif
). What can cause this behaviour!? Were it our DSTWOs, our NDS systems? I have no clue. Perhaps some weird W-Lan signals from the laptops which laid around there?
Any ideas how to get things to work again?

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
do you have any other systems to test the flashcart on?

were you using the EOS 1.07 on the DSi XL?

make sure the mario kart rom you have is set to the region for both of them, cause different region games have a bad habit of not connecting to other region games alto of the time

schmocke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As I said. The first time we played (a few weeks/months ago) both DSTWOs were on 1.07 - now, both are on 1.08 with latest updates installed (system3.dat etc.). And, of course there´s no region mismatching involved - we used european versions of the mentioned roms.
Unfortunately, I have no other DS systems to test these issues but I doubt it´s a hardware defect - as there are two DSis, hooked up with two DSTWOs which shows the exact same problem.

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hm.. try to downgrade one of the DSTwo cards and see if either one of you can connect to the other person and see if it works, cause i had a similar issue with blue dragon rom, i could connect to other people but they couldn't connect to me >__>

schmocke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have to bump up this thread again, 'cause the problem persists.
frown.gif

Same DSi & DSi XL setup as before but this time again with the latest patches and firmwares for our DSTWOs (FW 1.12, EOS 1.11 from July 23rd, no plugins at all installed).
The DSis are still on 1.4E and we were not able to connect to each other in any game.
Downgrading wasn't done yet, because we'd like to play newer games as well.
Any ideas how to play on Wifi again against each other with our setups!?

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i've had this issue before too. what I did is i made sure i had the latest patch file for the dstwo and make sure cheats are "off" and make sure the game is set to PATCH NOT clean.

edit: I also had to re-dump one of the roms.

schmocke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, I meant "Download Play" of course - the direct connection between the two of us doesn't work.
And, latest patches and firmwares are installed on both DSTWOs and there are no cheats activated, nor are we in "clean mode".

schmocke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did - patch mode, clean mode, nothin' works.
Only issue I can think of right now is, that his or mine DSi (XL) has a damaged Wifi-Module which leads to our connection problems.

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that you have wireless communications off? I must've had that problem a couple of times with Pokemon SoulSilver.

schmocke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sadly, no chance. Both DSis had wireless communication enabled.
I guess I have to live with this annoying issue.
So I'll have to dig out my M3i Zero to play Mario Kart DS against my friend.
dry.gif

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is this about wifi or wireless play if it wifi i have the same problem with some of my games like pokemon b/w. i have the latest fw and eos too but still no luck and i have tryed patched mode and clean mode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill