OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United States
I had a perfectly functional gray n3dsxl, and I decided to buy my brother one as well, so I bought him a red one. I like the color of his better, but didn't want to deal with system transfer, so I swapped the main cpu board and touch screens between the two systems. Before I gave it the touchscreen of my gray ds, the red one had a weird spot where the touchscreen didn't work, but after I swapped the screens, the dead spot was still there, and is not present on the gray ds with the screen originally from the red one
15306866716151845459924.jpg
^^That is the anomaly

Last edited by Pieman7373,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited the image for clarity and better view. Story retold for better keeping track of the who, what, and why.

3ds_digitizer.png

Edit 2 - Forget reading the bulletin as the exact events of their modifications are confusing and certain details may be wrong.

The suspected faulty part in question (the touch sensitive digitizer) was kept on the red N3DSXL, so that's why the dead spot is still on it.

Here's the bulletin events without any color and font formatting:
- OP bought two N3DSXL systems for him and his brother: a gray one and a red one.
- The gray N3DSXL was originally OP's, and the red N3DSXL was his brother's.
- OP wanted his brother's red N3DSXL as he liked that color better.
- He didn't want to do system transfers when trading the two systems.
- In order to keep his NNID, he decided to swap motherboards and bottom screens.
- Before the swap, the red N3DSXL's bottom screen had a defective non-responsive spot.
- After the swap, the red N3DSXL's bottom screen that's now in the gray N3DSXL's has the non-working spot.
- Also after the swap, the gray N3DSXL's bottom screen (now in the red N3DSXL's body) does not have the spot.

Here's the bulletin events with color and font format:
- OP bought two N3DSXL systems for him and his brother: a gray one and a red one.
- The gray N3DSXL was originally OP's, and the red N3DSXL was his brother's.
- OP wanted his brother's red N3DSXL as he liked that color better.
- He didn't want to do system transfers when trading the two systems.
- In order to keep his NNID, he decided to swap motherboards and bottom screens.
- Before the swap, the red N3DSXL's bottom screen had a defective non-responsive spot.
- After the swap, the red N3DSXL's bottom screen that's now in the gray N3DSXL's has the non-working spot.
- Also after the swap, the gray N3DSXL's bottom screen (now in the red N3DSXL's body) does not have the spot.

Before the swap
OP : gray N3DSXL , motherboard (A) , bottom screen (1) , touch screen digitizer (X)
Brother : red N3DSXL , motherboard (B) , bottom screen (2) , touch screen digitizer (Y) [ non-working spot ]

After the swap ????
OP : red N3DSXL , motherboard (A) , bottom screen (1) , touch screen digitizer (Y) [ non-working spot ]
Brother : grey N3DSXL , motherboard (B) , bottom screen (2) , touch screen digitizer (X)

@Pieman7373, what you did was not only risky and foolish, you didn't fix your brother's now grey N3DSXL because he kept his busted bottom screen that was originally from the red N3DSXL.

What you should have done was swap only the motherboards if you wanted your brother to have the working screen.

Here, this is what you'll need to fix it.
s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Edited 1 - The story in the bulletins was corrected due to the confusing order of sequences that happened.
Edited 2 - I have to revise the bulletin story again because the bottom lcd to differentiate from the digitizer.
Edited 3 - More corrections. Grr.
Edited 4 - The provided replacement digitizer is for an Old 3DS XL. The actual part has been updated to reflect which one is needed.
Edited 5 - Re-ordered the correct N3DSXL digitizer closer to the top.
Edited 6 - Found an eBay seller with more established sales of those N3DSXL digitizer.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Pieman7373

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person