Weird text timestamp issue

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by AceEvo55, Feb 23, 2016.

1. AceEvo55
    OP

AceEvo55 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    I have an iPhone 6, it's jailbroken, and yesterday I experienced the weirdest issue.

When you view the "list" of conversations in the messages app, each has a timestamp of the most recent message per thread. Usually it says "2 hours ago" or "2 days ago", or if it's old enough, "2015-09-09".

My issue, however, is that one of my threads has a timestamp of -310,207 seconds. Yes, negative. Adjusting my iPhone date to this coming Friday narrowed down the gap to "3 hours ago", and adjusting the time will get me as close as 2 seconds ago.
    Needless to say, next Friday is not today. As we approach next Friday, the "timer" decreases, approaching 0. Originally, the timer was ~333,000 seconds, but now it is down to ~310,000, so I'm wondering what will happen when Friday actually comes.

That being said, I'm posting to see if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, please provide suggestions to fix it. I apologize if my post hasn't been clear enough, I'm quickly posting this during lecture! I can clarify or expand if need be.

Thanks, cheers!
    Ace

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice