• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 997
  • Replies 5
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Alright, considering Sonic Mania is going to be released in less than a week, what better way to manage the hype than by making some theories about the game?

It's been confirmed that there will be more Classic Stages than New Stages, and it's also been confirmed that the game will be about as long as Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

So far, we've had one level confirmed for each of the original entries in the series (Green Hill Zone for Sonic 1, Chemical Plant Zone for Sonic 2, Flying Battery Zone for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Stardust Speedway for Sonic CD). While it'd be safe to assume that there will probably be more returning levels from these games, it is something of a limited repertoire to go with.

But that's when it hit me; what if Sonic Mania borrows levels from the Game Gear/Master System Titles?

I mean, it's not that much of a stretch. Sonic Mania's Green Hill Zone had an underwater cave section, which was really only featured in the SMS/GG version of the game. So, it's possible that the game will feature levels from the portable/lower-deck entries in the series.

If this were the case, then personally, I'd love to see these levels in Sonic Mania:
  • Sky Base Zone (Sonic 1 SMS/GG)
  • Robotnik Winter Zone (Sonic Triple Trouble)
  • Silver Castle Zone (Sonic Blast)
  • Sunset Park Zone (Sonic Triple Trouble)
  • Crystal Egg Zone (Sonic 2 SMS/GG)
  • Scrambled Egg Zone (Sonic 2 SMS/GG)
  • Mecha Green Hill Zone (Sonic Chaos)
  • Atomic Destroyer Zone (Sonic Triple Trouble)
What do you guys think of this theory? Is it feasible? If you believe this, what levels would you like to see?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

OP
Id love to see music plant from sonic advance 2, but studiopolis doesnt seem too far from that
Ooh, I never considered the Sonic Advance games. It would be cool if we got levels from those, however, considering the fact that the game seems to be focusing on Classic Sonic, it seems mildly unlikely. :P

That being said, I'd love to see Egg Rocket Zone, Techno Base Zone, and Chaos Angel Zone.

Reactions: froggestspirit

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Doubt it, the whole game is modeled after the 16-bit games, it wouldn't make sense to use the 8-bit titles

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Jungle Zone (Sonic 1 MS/GG)
Special Stage (Sonic 1 MS/GG)

Honestly it's such a shame they never revisited the 8bit Sonic 1 special stages... They were easily the best special stages to ever appear in a 2D sonic game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv