Weird Sleeping Dogs Glitch

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lanlan, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Lanlan
    OP

Lanlan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2011
    United States
    [​IMG]
    I was playing Sleeping Dogs, I was headed towards the first Girlfriend mission, "Photograph Amanda" or whatever it's called, and I ran into this. Basically an unloaded part of the world. Problem is, it wouldn't load. I crossed the line between the loaded and unloaded area and the game stopped and tried to load it, as evident by the spinning dragon logo in the lower right corner. The music continued to play, and I could control the camera. It eventually did something and I fell through the unloaded part. Then it put me back on the loaded road. I turn around, it unloaded the road behind me as well and I tried driving through it and got in an endless loop of falling through and respawning on the unloaded terrain. I restarted and it still did the same thing in the exact same area.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I had it on my C: drive, which is an SSD, so I'm trying putting it on my HDD, it's currently in the process of downloading. But does anyone have any input as to what might have caused this? Corrupt files?

2. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Qu├ębec
    I've seen this kind of things with other games before, restarting the game an continue to play as if nothing happened usually does it. If it happens periodically, then go look for problems.