Weird PS4 Video Problem

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by GtAwyFrmMyRamen, Nov 5, 2015.

1. GtAwyFrmMyRamen
    OP

GtAwyFrmMyRamen Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2013
    United States
    So I'm having a problem with my ps4's video. When I turn on my system it boots all the way to the normal solid white light, but there is no video or sound at all. I have no ideo what the problem is and have tried everything I can think off. Here is everything I have tried.

- Switching HDMI cords. Didnt work.

- Checked to make sure that little piece of metal that can stick up in the HDMI port was bent down, it was so no problem there.

- I tried changing TV's, no luck.

- I cant even boot into safe mode, no video there either.

So here I am, and I have no idea what happened.

It was working fine a day ago, then a friend of mine came over and unplugged the HDMI from my ps4 and plugged it into his Xbox. When he left and I tried to plug my ps4 back in thats when the problem started.

The only other information I have is that when I tried plugging the ps4 into the second tv the tv flashed "Format not supported"

Any advice? This is really bumming me out.

Heres to hoping I get this fixed before Fallout 4 [​IMG]

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Just to confirm, did you try booting into safe mode with the second TV? It's possible for some reason the video settings got reset, and the PS4 isn't auto detecting the video settings like it usually does on the first TV.

You also said you tried different cables, have you tried different HDMI ports on your TV, as well?

3. GtAwyFrmMyRamen
    OP

GtAwyFrmMyRamen Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2013
    United States
    Yes and yes. Every HDMI port on both TV's and tried booting into safe mode multiple times on both TV's to no avail. It's so weird.

UPDATE: I looked again inside the port with a flashlight and notice two of the metal connectors were bent out of place. So I guess all it needs is a whole new hdmi port.

Last edited by GtAwyFrmMyRamen, Nov 7, 2015