Hardware Weird problem with Slide Stick (moves by itself...)

5oAwes0me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

I have a really weird problem with the Slide Stick (Joystick) after I done my hardmod on my new 3DS XL.

I successfully read the NAND and wrote the patched NAND with Diskimager. Everything works fine except for my strange problem. I will try to describe it as good as I can.
When I start the 3DS with the Slide Stick connected, the cursor on the screen instantly goes to the top left posisiton.
When I go into settings to calibrate the Slide Stick it shows that it is in the left up position but my slide pad it is in the middle position.
But now comes the part that confuses me.
When I disconnect the Slide Stick from the mainboard and start the 3DS the cursor goes in random directions and then all the way to the right and then it stops. In other words it starts moving by itself and after a few seconds it stopps even if I'm not doing anything.
When I then go into system settings and look at the calibration thing it shows that it is in the middle position. and I can control the 3DS normally with the D-Pad.
But how can the cursor move even if the pad is not connected and I'm sure it's not the D-Pad because I disconnected it as well and the problem still occurs.
What do you guys think ? could it be the mainboard that is broken or could it be another flat cable that broke even if it has nothing to do with the controls ?
Thank you in advance.

Jonas

5oAwes0me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've read in another forum (or threat I don't know what it was for sure) that it would be normal if the stick is disconnected the 3DS could not detect any input and then try to read the position of the stick and then goes in random directions. it could have something to do how the 3DS reads the input via resistance of the stick or something. nevertheless I ordered a new slide stick on AliExpress for cheap and when it arrives I will replace it and hope that it is the stick and not the motherboard or even something else. I will post an update as soon as I replaced it.

5oAwes0me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so update: good News. the Sticks i ordered on AliExpress arrived, I replaced the stick and everything ist working again to my suprise.
but the sticks are ordered felt a bit different from the original. I managed to repair the original stick by cutting off the flat cable from the working connector and replaced the broken tiny flat cable and soldered it to the original stick. I hope I can help someone else with my experience with a broken stick.is it possible to mark the thread as solved or something ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

same problem here on a 3dsxl model. even if the analog module is disconnected, still cursor is moving by itself.

you can buy a NEW 3DS xl stick for $7 at AliExpress and replace it. it should work. in my case it did :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:rSNoXEpF8y4
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2:rSNoXEpF8y4