Hardware Weird problem with ELINK

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just playing Fire Emblem 6 today on my ELINK cart. Suddenly, the game froze and made the most abhorrent screeching noise I have ever heard. I promptly turned off the game.

When I loaded up the game again, my save data was completely gone.

I still have a savestate, but it's from about ten chapters ago. For those of you who don't play Fire Emblem, that's pretty far back.

Is there a way to retreive my data? If not, is there a way to ensure this kind of screw-up doesn't happen again?

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got the white version that didn't come with a CD.

I tried reinstalling the software. Now, whenever I connect the cart, I get the message "Connect Elink time over,please repower the GBA." What do I do in this instance?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
charge it for 8 hours or you will be recharging the thing every month instead of every 3 months. If it keeps asking even after charging, you probably got a dead battery, in which case you will need to replace it.

I posted the cd contents a while back here, I don't know if it is still up or not:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112580

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I must be a massive noob... how do I charge this? Do I use the USB cable?

EDIT: Found out in that link. I'll just leave it to charge then. I bought it several months back. Do you think I'll be charging it every month now?

move_zig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried charging it. I still get the error message.

The weird part is that the data on all the rest of my games is intact. Is the cart really broken?

EDIT: It's working with version 5.5 of the software. Is my cart all right then?

move_zig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out my cart today. It works fine and holds a save, and works with the latest version of the software. I think it's alright, just needed a battery recharge.

Thank you very much for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real