Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
I have a strong hatred for drugs, and while it may not be as absurdly harmful as other drugs, a drug is a drug and using it without purpose is pathetically pointless. I can understand it from a medicinal standpoint, but not for casual use.
I also hate the smell, and have never seen a truly intelligent pothead.
I'm sure not every pothead is a useless moron, but i'll say right now i've never seen a truly intelligent individual indulge in drugs of any kind.
Hope you don't drink Coffee or Cola.
Caffeine is a drug too!

As for the last part, you haven't looked too hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Branson Self-made man. Worth $4 Billion. Pothead.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
twiztidsinz said:
Hells Malice said:
I have a strong hatred for drugs, and while it may not be as absurdly harmful as other drugs, a drug is a drug and using it without purpose is pathetically pointless. I can understand it from a medicinal standpoint, but not for casual use.
I'm sure not every pothead is a useless moron, but i'll say right now i've never seen a truly intelligent individual indulge in drugs of any kind.
Caffeine is a drug too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Branson Self-made man. Worth $4 Billion. Pothead.
Dude.
Jack Black. Famous actor, has been in hundreds of films. Pothead.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Hells Malice said:
Caffeine is a drug too!

lol my thoughts exactly. but we're not talking about addiction. So exactly how do you measure intelligence malice. Is it with a scale (Same one they use to measure how large or small a brain is)? Or is it more with a Q & A type deal? I mean seriously though, what makes an individual truly intelligent? The life choices he makes?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
twiztidsinz said:
Hells Malice said:
Caffeine is a drug too!

Dude.
Jack Black. Famous actor, has been in hundreds of films. Pothead.
Not to say you're wrong or that I disagree with you but there's tons of famous potheads, however fame isn't a measure of intelligence.
On the other hand, starting and running a business that gives you net worth of billions of dollars pretty much does.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I think the "abuse" and "use" arguement is valid. I for one do smoke it occasionally and have tried a plethora of different drugs and they can be enjoyed as I find they take me to part of my brain I couldn't normally access. If you have a seriously addictive personality then you are in danger of letting the drugs take over, but otherwise they can be enjoyed with friends and you can share the same experiences.

Its all down to choice, but not everyone has the "outgoing gene" and sometimes need a helping hand. If a few chemicals used correctly helped somebody to enjoy life a bit more without harming anyone then go for it. This ain't a practice run or a videogame. You can't use restore points if toy wanna go back and do it differently. On the other hand, if you're happy with who you are and are comfortable with the way things are and don't wanna use drugs, then I support that too. How many of you who don't use drugs, smoke or drink to "unwind"?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is this time of year again is it.

Narayan said:
DJ91990 said:
The only drugs I'm on are Allergy Medicine, [Natural Mutli-Complete]Vitamins, Caffeine, and OXYGEN!
oxygen is a drug?
You can get a pretty decent buzz/good feeling going on if you have a lot of oxygen running around. Uncontrolled/without knowledge it is not especially wise though.
Also allergy medicine has some interesting effects if you mix things- there is a reason they tell you to avoid alcohol (note for the curious- it tends to skip the fun part of being drunk and head right to the paralytic state complete with room spinning and feeling awful).

re pokefreak2008 it seems others beat me to the punch but I will go anway "did weed, meth, and pot"- are we doing the fine grain thing (resin vs the grassy stuff for instance) here because pot and weed are usually the same thing.

re DSGamer64 LSD, acid and heroin addicts

Can you really be addicted to LSD (acid is usually one of the street names) in the physical addiction sense of the word?

Re ThatDudeWithTheFood and LSD being safe- granted probably orders of magnitude better than most other things but very bad trips and on occasion I believe prolonged trips can happen.

Also interesting to see DMT rising up into the arena of public knowledge and likewise not so much discussion on ecstasy/MDMA.

Re myself: I heard a quote somewhere once before- "I live in my head and at present I have no great need to be out of it". Should proper "learning drugs" come into existence (ritalin type things tend not to do what I aim for- focus has never been a problem for anything I care about and although it is a damn near useless skill outside of high school I can already memorise a textbook easily enough. On the flipside I am not inclined to try some of the more interesting things aimed at proper diseases at present- thinking some of the dementia drugs.) I will be front and centre.
There might be something to be said for http://www.cracked.com/article_16532_the-5...while-high.html but I sense I am the iterative (I am already well down the path of reverse engineering), calculating (see stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Gk_Ddhr0M ) or combination of two varied disciplines (mashing different disciplines or aspects thereof together is my favourite intellectual exercise) type of scientist/engineer rather than the great leap type. This probably does depend on how you see blue sky research though.
I must admit I am extremely curious about DMT but dealers are useless and worse very untrustworthy around here (not that I would wish to go to one), the chemicals and techniques Mr Shulgin used to make it (TIHKAL lists a bunch of variations) are things that lead to lead to even my usually less than risk averse self stopping and sucking air through gritted teeth especially when ultimately aiming for human consumption and otherwise trying to extract it from plants (it occurs naturally in many things it seems) in the quantities needed would probably be an exercise in frustration for me ("industrial" chemistry using plant matter is not my thing).

@OP glad you got on well and hope you activities continue to work for you.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I don't have anything against drugs if taken only for recreational purposes and in a moderate amount. There's nothing really wrong with that. It's just about as bad as alcohol or smoking. But I never intend to try it unless I'm medicinally required to. I prefer to take recreation from elsewhere.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I've been offered MANY times, and it is tempting, but I live by a straight edge philosophy: No booze, no smoke, no drugs. Quite ironically, the school I go to is infamous for having student parties with high quantities of all mentioned items. I attend for the shits and giggles, but also because 1) Swede's are gullible and somewhat submissive under the influence, which is a fun way to see how people are, 2) parties like these can get pretty hectic without a person who has a fully functional brain that dismisses the "LETS GET WAEST'D!!!!!1" mentality, and 3) in the unlikely event that a party gets busted by the police, I can get out with mostly no trouble, because all I did was "attend".
This doesn't mean I'm a drawback introvert: I go because I find it fun, and it garners an unwitnessed appreciation from my friends.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At my school, we were taught to avoid marijuana not because it's a drug, but because it's usually laced with more lethal drugs (that can be avoided if you grow your own, but there's more of a risk of getting caught). Just sayin'.

I don't do drugs, and I don't plan to in the future. Same goes with smoking and other stuff (I'm keeping away from alcohol for now, but if I ever get into it I'll try to moderate it).

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
I'd just like to say that in 15 years of smoking, I have never had weed laced with other drugs. I'm pretty sure that's a myth. At least in England it is.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ConJ said:
I'd just like to say that in 15 years of smoking, I have never had weed laced with other drugs. I'm pretty sure that's a myth. At least in England it is.

I've had some proper trippy smokes over the years, and I reckon there was something else in it (legal, illegal, who knows). One crazy experience was when I bought a few pills for a weekender and the guy I got em off forgot to mention the were laced with acid. Needless to say I had a mint weekend

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bazamuffin said:
ConJ said:

I've had some proper trippy smokes over the years, and I reckon there was something else in it (legal, illegal, who knows). One crazy experience was when I bought a few pills for a weekender and the guy I got em off forgot to mention the were laced with acid. Needless to say I had a mint weekend

Man, acid, or E, or LSD or whatever, any of that harder stuff I will not touch. I've had some bad experiences with weed like this:

I took a hit out of a bong, and it wasn't new to me. I've smoked from the bong sooo many times before. Anyways, it was at a party, and I took one hit. Same amount that I usually smoke. Anyways, I was coughing and hacking and just dying of thirst. And I was a bit disappointed because the stuff didn't kick in yet. I was like "huh, must be a bad batch or something." Then all of a sudden, I started to hear this vibration sound. And obviously it was the music we had playing, but the vibration from the subwoofer the "woon woon woon woon" sound, just stupid out so much for me. Then I started freaking out more and more. So I walked outside and it was pouring down rain, but for some reason it was helping. I was out there for at least an hour, just sitting there up against the house. And it sucked because I could hear the music, and it just made it worse. And then I kept hearing what it sounded like a bunch of girls just laughing. I heard it for at least 10 minutes straight.

I'm sitting outside, and all of a sudden, the world started spinning. But like spinning on a wheel sort of, like wheel of fortune. Iono, rotate? Anyways, that started happening, and for some reason, my eyes started focusing on this little pebble in the ground. And my eyes kept on zooming in and in and in and in and in, while the world was rotating. It kept zooming in, like how in movies the forgeground will go zooming by. That happened over and over but I wasn't actually zooming in. Then there was this circle, where it wasn't spinning or anything, it was just sitting there. And it was the grass and whatnot. Then a voice started talking to me, as I was about to throw up saying like , "don't throw up. You've got this. This is all in your head. Keep focusing on me and I'll guide you." I kept listening that voice and staring at the circle, because the circle was what was real, like it was perfectly normal.

It was the scariest night of my life. I kept my mind active like thinking of names of all the people that walked by me. The whole world was flat, but people stood out like 3D. I hated that night so much, it was horrible. But I've gotten better at smoking and found a good way for me to smoke from the bong, and it's been nothing but the best times of my life.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Weed is OK to chill out to, but i do like the altered reality feeling. I know damn well the shit Im seeing and feeling isn't real and its just the drugs and that allows me to enjoy it. Not done it for a while, but it is fun. Ket, DMT, MD, Salvia, Trips, Bubble all good fun in the right hands.

citricacidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a video game forum, there's a lot of Herb Hatin goin on.
I love weed. I've rolled on X, I've tripped on acid and mushrooms. I've not done cocaine, heroin or meth and never will because those drugs are harmful. I drink alcohol occasionally. But if given the choice between the two, I'd choose weed.

Marijuana should be treated like alcohol. It's no different.
Alcohol is bad for your liver. Smoking is bad for your lungs.
Alcohol affects people differently; some people have a high tolerance and some people are lightweights.
Marijuana affects people differently; some people have a high tolerance and some people are lightweights.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1