Hardware WD 320 My Book HDD & USB Loader 1.5 HELP

LanzeraND

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded Wii working with 3.2U and running some of the 3.4 exploits.

Installed:
-Starfall
-HBC
-WiiGator v0.3 Gamma
-RockBand Loader
-Backup Loader with 002 fix

I have purchased a Western Digital 320 GB My Book Home Edition to use with the latest USB Loader.

Installed for USB Loader:
-USB Loader 1.5 channel
-cIOS36 Rev10 by way of the network install

I cannot get the drive to be recognized by the Wii in USB Loader.

Attempt 1:
WD 320 My Book and used USB to Wii and then started Wii. Wii loaded and then I chose the USB Loader and it said it was mounting the drive. It then said it did not have a partition and I pressed A to install. I received a -6 error and the Wii restarted after pressing a button.

Attempt 2:
Installed WBFS Manager 2.5 on my PC and connected my WD 320 My Book via USB. Chose the HDD and then told it to format. That was successful and then connected it to the Wii and then started Wii. Wii loaded and then I chose the USB Loader and it said it was mounting the drive. It then said it did not have a partition and I pressed A to install. I received a -6 error and the Wii restarted after pressing a button.

Attempt 3:
I then tried using the method on HOW TO MAKE ANY HDD COMPATIBLE WITH USB LOADER FOR DUMMIES on my PC and connected my WD 320 My Book via USB. Chose the HDD and then told it to format. That was successful and then connected it to the Wii and then started Wii. Wii loaded and then I chose the USB Loader and it said it was mounting the drive. It then said it did not have a partition and I pressed A to install. I received a -6 error and the Wii restarted after pressing a button.

I read the making two partitions on the drive would hlep so I did that with O&O Partition Manager and still no luck, someone please help me.

LanzeraND

Nera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm, I THINK (I'm not sure) you have to be on 4.0 to run the USB loader, can someone confirm if this is right or wrong?

LanzeraND

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have tried a few suggestions from other boards. Here are my results.

I have used both Acronis Drive Suite and O&O Partition Manager thanks to a friend that's an IT for a local company.

The WD 320GB My Book Home Edition drive is brand new. It'll hold PC files without a problem, wanted to make sure I didn't have a bad drive.

Installed rev10 from WAD.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to FAT32. Didn't add a game. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and left in RAW format. Didn't add a game. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to FAT16. Didn't add a game. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to NTFS. Didn't add a game. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to FAT32 and then loaded WBFS win delta and initialized. Didn't add a game. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to FAT32 and then loaded WBFS Manager 2.5 and Formated. Didn't add a game. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to FAT32 and then loaded WBFS Manager 2.5 and Formated. Added a game using WBFS Manager 2.5. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to NTFS and then loaded WBFS win delta and initialized. Added a game using WBFS Manager 2.5. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Repartitioned entire drive and formatted to NTFS and then loaded WBFS Manager 2.5 and Formated. Added a game using WBFS Manager 2.5. USB Loader 1.1 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.4 returns -1 error, USB Loader 1.5 returns -6 error.

Anyone have any ideas. I have heard of the My Book series from Western Digital working with USB loader from other posts.

recall2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LanzeraND - I'm in the same boat; I bought the Home Edition 1TB with all the other connectors. I think that's what's causing the issue. The Essentials Edition works apparently, but then that just has the USB (not firewire/e-sata). I'm not sure it'll change with new versions of the USB loader either, but I'm crossing mt fingers. I'm using it for my "normal" day to day stuff anyway, so at worst I'll get another one WITHOUT the extra connectors. Good luck. I'll keep digging around and hoping.

kauha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i get that -6 error i "SWAP" usb"pens"

i got 8gb usb stick where is my games. and 2gb stick

i whas fighting whit the usbloader and allmost trou usb sticks out of the window

BUT then...

8gb stick whas on the WII at start.

press A when it say ....

then come this and pressed A again

get error -6 and get MADD really MAAAAADDDd. think to test it again. whit 2gb stick

this point i remeber that i didnt change the usbstick usb stick to 2gb
(changet 8gb to 2gb stick) And presset A

miragle it worked.. tested ... if i boot wii i hav to swap again thos sticks.

so try this. ,my english and pictures but it is 02:43 and i am tired.

mgzr1400

Trophies
XP
Country
I would try and reinstall your cios files and check that you have installed the CIOS USB2 too because I have exactly the same setup as you and it works fine.

I did mod my mates the other day and had the same problem after just installing the cios files without the CIOS USB2 but after installing that, everything works fine.

hope this helps

mgzr1400

Trophies
XP
Country
recall2000 said:
LanzeraND - I'm in the same boat; I bought the Home Edition 1TB with all the other connectors. I think that's what's causing the issue. The Essentials Edition works apparently, but then that just has the USB (not firewire/e-sata). I'm not sure it'll change with new versions of the USB loader either, but I'm crossing mt fingers. I'm using it for my "normal" day to day stuff anyway, so at worst I'll get another one WITHOUT the extra connectors. Good luck. I'll keep digging around and hoping.

Im not 100% on this but I thought there was a limit of 500gb for the usb loader to work?

lamentofking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 2.5" 120gb toshiba sata hd lying around. Thought I'd use that but I'd want to know if it would work. (the wiki is down so i can't check.
frown.gif
) Anyway if that fails, I saw this simpletech 3.5" 500gb hd in bestbuy for like $40. I'm cautious though as I have the impression that simpletech is cheap quality. Or is usb loader one of those things in which the quality of the drive doesn't matter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro