Hacking WBFS Managers

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey fellas, i've tried several different WBFS managers and i just cant seem to load the WBFS partition from my external hard drive. I realize that windows won't detect the drive letter as the WBFS partition because i have 2 partitions on the hard drive.

Since i have 2 seperate partitions on the HDD i need to know which manager allows me to access the WBFS partition and not the normal NTFS.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Does your Wii load your USB HDD?
You should be able to SEE the HDD in Windows Explorer and everything, not browsing it though. But you should be able to see it and be able to format it and stuff.

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah the wii loads it all fine, i used Configurable USB loader to format one of the partitions to WBFS. Once plugged into a PC i can't see the WBFS partition at all....completely invisible unless i check under Disk Management (Vista).

Even still...unable to give it a drive name for WBFS manager....if there isnt any other solution....i may just format the whole thing....oh wells...lose some games...that i can easily get back.

And then properly space the harddrive for normal/wii usage.

P.S....that would still be a problem in the future if i ever needed to copy the WBFS partitions
wacko.gif

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem like 1 time install of game went south had to unistall it with inteligent gui v6 now all is good

Giangsta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i've heard that theres a WBFS manager by Cygwin or something that might be able to do the trick. Where can i find that particular program?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
install net frame work 3.5 sp1 and then reboot your PC...

Upon reboot you will note that your WBFS managers that wouldnt work b4 WILL NOW
wink.gif

otherwise you will be forced to use one of the outdated builds of the wbfs manager
wink.gif
all the good ones require netframework

I have personally had WBFS manager running on XP home, XP PRO, XP BLACK, Vista home, Vista ultimate Black.....

ALL OF THEM CAN RUN THESE APPS (some require admin status and require to be ran under XP compat mode in vista) but they ALL DO WORK and all the good ones require net framework

I install Netframe work 3.5

then
netframework 3.5 sp1

and then reboot to find all the wbfs managers working proper
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol