Hacking WBFS Manager 2.5

• Thread starter Aimen
  • Start date
  • Views 27,174
  • Replies 36
A

Aimen

OP
For you guys don't know about this so have AlexDP updated his popular WBFS application for Windows.

WBFS Manager 2.5

From my last WBFS Manager 2.2 thread did AlexDP post this:
AlexDP said:
Thanks everyone for your comments, it's always nice to hear that people are liking the program
smile.gif

In case your interested, WBFS Manager 2.5 just released and you can get it here: http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/Release/Pr...ReleaseId=26363
As always, looking forward to your feedback.
In case your wondering why I this version doesn't have Channel creation or direct Drive-To-Drive copying, I'm still working on those, but had these ready, so I decided to make these publicly available until direct copying and Channel creation are ready (for v3).
Thanks for your patience.

QUOTE(AlexDP @ Apr 20 2009, 09:09 PM) First off, I'd like to thank the few people who generously donated their hard-earned money, no matter how much the amount was.
Second, I'd like to thank all the translators who put in their own precious time to help with the translations and BarbaxX for the new imagery.
I'd also like to thank the users who provided feedback and sent in their error messages to help improve this version.
This is the last major update to WBFS Manager before version 3.0 which will be feature complete, with the following fixes and changes:

Changes (2.5)

* Added indirect Drive-To-Drive transferring and cloning. (Click Drive-To-Drive expander (the line under the buttons) to show related options).
* Added automatic RAR archive extraction (drag and drop or use the browse button).
* Added batch extraction and deletion. (Hold shift to select a range of items, or hold Ctrl to select separate individual items).
* Added exporting list of games on drive to a .CSV (Comma-separated values) file. Right-click on left-hand list and click export. Can export entire list or only selected items.
* Added ability to use more than one cover directory (all downloaded covers will still be downloaded to My Documents\WBFS Manager Covers)
* Added estimated total size for Games to Add list.
* Added Italian, German and Chinese (Traditional) language support
* Added information about the number of items in each list.
* Added message informing user that they're using the wrong version if they try using 32-bit version on 64-bit Windows.
* Updated some icons and imagery (courtesy of BarbaxX).
* All changes from previous versions are included.

Fixes (2.5)

* Fixed an issue with some buttons being hidden in some languages. (Now using a toolbar. Click on arrow on right side of toolbar to see any hidden icons).
* Fixed a bug with the 2.2.2 not working on Chinese OSes (released earlier as Chinese Edition).
* Fixed some special cases for region codes.
* Fixed some issues with some translations.
* Fixed a few other minor bugs.
* All fixes from previous versions are included.

Download:

x86

x64

Homesite:
http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for posting this. I'd just like to add a little part from my original Wiinewz post (that doesn't fit on the CodePlex page):
QUOTE said:
First off, I'd like to thank the few people who generously donated their hard-earned money, no matter how much the amount was.
Second, I'd like to thank all the translators who put in their own precious time to help with the translations and BarbaxX for the new imagery.
I'd also like to thank the users who provided feedback and sent in their error messages to help improve this version.
This is the last major update to WBFS Manager before version 3.0 which will be feature complete, with the following fixes and changes:

A

Aimen

OP
AlexDP said:
Thanks for posting this. I'd just like to add a little part from my original Wiinewz post (that doesn't fit on the CodePlex page):
QUOTE said:
First off, I'd like to thank the few people who generously donated their hard-earned money, no matter how much the amount was.

Done
wink.gif

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@AlexDP - Fantastic work ... I will be sliding over for a donation myself.

Look forward to 3.0 ! (Although not sure what else is needed.)

Thanks a million !

phrozenfeonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this falls under a feature request more than anything, but is it possible to have a wbfs program that will compare the game id lists on 2 wbfs drives and synchronize any game ids that aren't on the other drive. It's kind of tricky to explain, but basically just have the program merge wbfs drive A and B, anything not on Drive A that is on Drive B, gets synced onto drive A, and Vice Versa.

Unless of course this is already implemented in this program... then ignore me
smile.gif

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This isn't exactly there as you describe it but you can get the same effect by cloning Drive A to Drive B, then cloning Drive B to Drive A. Any games that are already there on the target drive will be skipped.

D

Deleted User

OP
AlexDP said:
afif95 said:
Can anyone tell me if it supports DVD Drive -> Drive?
No, sorry. This tool doesnt support DVD-> WBFS, and I'm not really sure it will in the foreseeable future unless someone develops it once I release the source (next few days). I understand this tool does have that feature though: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149624

Bummer. Yours is beautiful, while his has the feature. Dang....

If that feature is implemented, rest assured this will be my number 1 WBFS manager.

Thanks for replying though.

Another question, since my USB HD is a 2.5" converted, the comp reads it as a Hard drive. I have like four partitions on the 80GB harddrive. So, I'm thinking of ripping isos onto a partition, then dump that iso into my WBFS partition. No problem, right?

jeremiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed this app on my win XP computer, and when I double click the shortcut, nothing happen. What can I do?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, looks good...but does it supports copying the games like Wanins Loader v1.5 does (with Update-Partitions)? I know this question is noobish, but haven't found something on search..I'm guessing none of the Tools is able to do this for now, right?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jeremiz said:
I installed this app on my win XP computer, and when I double click the shortcut, nothing happen. What can I do?

Try going into the program file and running it as administrator instead of using the shortcut.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AlexDP said:
afif95 said:
Can anyone tell me if it supports DVD Drive -> Drive?
No, sorry. This tool doesnt support DVD-> WBFS, and I'm not really sure it will in the foreseeable future unless someone develops it once I release the source (next few days). I understand this tool does have that feature though: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149624

I think you'll do better in ripping the dvd on your Wii, cause ripping the dvd on your pc requires an special dvd drive (with special firmware on it) and lasts about 2 hours for an dvd.....

A

Aimen

OP
Well, even if this is my thread, i muse write something to about the new WBFS Manager to.

AlexDP... IT ROCKS!
biggrin.gif
WELL DONE!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...