1. crunchewy

OP crunchewy Member
    Newcomer

I just recently re-did our softmod on our (original) Wii and have been using it to play our Gamecube games ripped to SD. It's awesome and I'm having a blast, but I find that in some games the Wavebird controller doesn't work and I have to switch to a wired GC controller. Is this an issue with Nintendont, or did the Wavebird not work in all games on the Gamecube? I can't remember. If it's a Nintendont issue is there a way to fix this issue?

P.S., yes I checked to make sure I hadn't bumped the channel setting. They match up, but in some games the Wavebird doesn't work.

Last edited by crunchewy, May 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    You can easily find out - if you enable "native control" the GC ports are passed through directly, if you leave them off Nintendont processes them :)

crunchewy and banjo2 like this.
  3. crunchewy

OP crunchewy Member
    Newcomer

Ah. Will give that a try. Thanks. It didn’t sound like that would affect anything given the description of it in the settings, but in retrospect that makes sense.

4. crunchewy

OP crunchewy Member
    Newcomer

I tried it and yep, turning on native makes it work. For example with native off the Wavebird doesn’t work in Luigi’s Mansion. With native on it does. Unfortunately with native on you lose the button combos to reset and to return to the homebrew channel, though.

Ryccardo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont, controller, Wavebird