Watch_Dogs WeAreData

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by kehkou, Jun 28, 2013.

1. kehkou
    OP

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Sounds cool, right?
    Then it gets a little creepy...
    :wtf: Just goes to show how everything really is connected.

:arrow: Sauce
    :arrow: Site

MODS: If this has been posted already, please delete/move it. I searched and found nothing.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I saw a video of it and it looked interesting. Even dropping my security I could not get it to work for me though.

3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    That is pretty awesome. And creepy. Too bad it's only in Europe...

4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    With the Snowden leaks and everything, it's kind of funny how prescient Watch_Dogs turned out to be. Did Ubisoft get lucky with the timing or what?

5. kehkou
    OP

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    I had to eff around with the setting (refreshing, compatability view). I can view the local stuff like CCTV and the bikes, didn't see any Twitter though (maybe cuz I don't use it).

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I like the idea behind the "all is connected", they map all public informations to a city using different, individual, services to make a global social website connectivity.
    It's creepy, but all the informations are already available, they only link them together.

I checked Paris city, some data are nice (real time free bike availability, metro, flickr), and other are wrong or missing (traffic lights seems not correctly placed, but they don't have any interesting interaction)
    If they could list public webcams it would be great too!

It makes me remember some futuristic movies/anime I watched with global network service : Eden of the East, Dennou Coil
    I think it could be expanded and used for real life usage (using google glasses, or smart phones apps for example).