Wasabi V3 in a D2E chipset

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiimodder69, Sep 14, 2008.

Sep 14, 2008

Wasabi V3 in a D2E chipset by wiimodder69 at 6:49 PM (1,333 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. wiimodder69
    OP

Newcomer wiimodder69 Member

Canada
    Trying to get some solid information on current status of the D2E problems.
    How much of an issue is this chipset with the wasabi?? It seems like there is no fix from what i have read into the subject.

I have also seen two fixes, however i belive these are related to the D2c chipset..Not to clear on either of these. 100ohm resistor is emulating a longer wire on clk(a fix), same fix.

100ohm resistor off clk

47m capacitor ground to K

I have seen both working and non working videos of the D2E with wasabi. I am concerned because I require 100% functionallity from my installs.Doing a firmware upgrade is not a big deal. I am talking about the(difficult) drives.

I have also been researching D2lite, seems to be stable no dead drive issues thus far.I like the wasabi, but I cannot sacrifice a stability problem either.

thoughts on this??? I still havent seen anything relating to this issue from Wasabi Team. Anyone heard anything new?

2. tungvo

Newcomer tungvo vewlix

United States
    You will run into problems with the new D2E drives using the Wasabi V3 as i have encountered

numerous dead drive issues with this chip.

3. wiimodder69
    OP

Newcomer wiimodder69 Member

Canada
    Alright.. got er installed..

here are some shots of it and a vid of it working.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Install was fairly easy... cept i had to search for wire to finish it.....Got more 30awg commin!

4. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
  5. sio

Newcomer sio Member

United Kingdom
    If I get a D2E Wii back from Nintendo I'll follow these very good instructions (may use different coloured wires though), thanks wiimodder69.

I've just sent my ex-WiiKey Wii to Nintendo for repair (It had a bad GPU).

Does anybody know what Nintendo do with bad GPU Wiis...... Are they going to replace the whole unit and transfer all the data or will they just replace the DVD drive?