Hacking Was/Is There a New System Update?

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again.

That's like saying "well, you've got a decently reliable bullet-proof vest on; so come over here and I'll shoot you with a Desert Eagle!" While you are wearing the bullet-proof vest, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea to do anything rash simply because of the fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but boot ROM bricks are not recoverable with A9LH (at least, I think so). Just so you all know.
But he's using Luma, which protects firm0 and firm1 and the latest update has already been proven to be safe for a9lh users

veraci_00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated. it updated in like a second. I went back to the system settings, and it said I was on the latest version when I tried updating again. I also went to the eshop. all seems well. a9lh is still intact. maybe one of the system files got corrupted. I did encounter a weird issue with FBI which forced me to shut down the console. it's never happened again.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he's using Luma, which protects firm0 and firm1 and the latest update has already been proven to be safe for a9lh users
Well yes, but I'm one who likes to play it safe. If he's sure he has the latest update, then the prompt is spewing BS (so much so that it escapes his 3ds and gets all over the walls in his house), and there's really no reason to accept it anyway.

EDIT: I was wrong. ABANDON THREAD!

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that will happen if you update is that 1. It will say your system is already on the latest firmware. Or 2. It will fix whatever you downgraded (old browser install, ds white list, stuff like that). It will not screw up your a9lh since a9lh and luma protect your firm0 and firm1 partitions.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated. it updated in like a second. I went back to the system settings, and it said I was on the latest version when I tried updating again. I also went to the eshop. all seems well. a9lh is still intact. maybe one of the system files got corrupted. I did encounter a weird issue with FBI which forced me to shut down the console. it's never happened again.
Nice, glad you got that sorted out

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Do you still have FBI injected to the H&S app, or was that replaced? Curious about that.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have been proven incorrect. I applaud you, my good sir.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Again.

That's like saying "well, you've got a decently reliable bullet-proof vest on; so come over here and I'll shoot you with a Desert Eagle!" While you are wearing the bullet-proof vest, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea to do anything rash simply because of the fact. Correct me if I'm wrong, but boot ROM bricks are not recoverable with A9LH (at least, I think so). Just so you all know.
It's correct bootrom bricks aren't recoverable, but all that happens with this update is basically
Start -> full bar -> done.
I did it before without Problems (on lower versions though) If it finds a title failure it may replace it.
And if he is on 11.0 already it doesn't really matter. NAND shouldn't brick (if there is A9LH) and FIRM write is disabled. And I am fairly certain the 3DS doesn't write to the bootrom and it's RO after NAND is loaded.

Edit: got ninja'd so hard...

Last edited by Zan',

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's correct bootrom bricks aren't recoverable, but all that happens with this update is basically
Start -> full bar -> done.
I did it before without Problems (on lower versions though) If it finds a title failure it may replace it.
And if he is on 11.0 already it doesn't really matter. NAND shouldn't brick (if there is A9LH) and FIRM write is disabled. And I am fairly certain the 3DS doesn't write to the bootrom and it's RO after NAND is loaded.
I know. The whole bootrom thing (I called it the boot ROM because I'm a hipster, apparently) was just a forewarning to all of you who think A9LH is the be-all, end-all brick protection for the 3ds scene. Also:
Well, I have been proven incorrect. I applaud you, my good sir.

Reactions: Zan'

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I know. The whole bootrom thing (I called it the boot ROM because I'm a hipster, apparently) was just a forewarning to all of you who think A9LH is the be-all, end-all brick protection for the 3ds scene. Also:
I wrote and only checked all new messages afterwards. So yeah... got ninja'd

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs