Discussion WARNING DO NOT INSTALL LGP NSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by chrisrlink, Nov 13, 2018.

1. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I wonder when will they start locking the emmc with a password too... god damn bastards!

I still havent hacked my Switch, I dont use it for months and months, I need a awesome ON\OFF button to add to the joy-con and I still havent encountered a cool one in red from my broken devices :)

Last edited by guily6669, Nov 14, 2018
  2. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    I know, it was a joke.

Although I am surprised Nintendo/Nvidia didn’t include a mechanism to update them or include something else which could have also patched it through an update.

3. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    The risk there would be hackers using the same mechanism to disable signature checks altogether.

4. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    I did consider this, but then by that point they’d likely have complete control anyway.

5. Moquedami

Moquedami GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2006
    Argentina
    Are xcis safe?
    I read that the brick code runs not in the install of an nsp but when starting the game from the home menu. Do the xci behave the same way?

6. fragged

fragged GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    The same brick code could be put into an XCI file.

7. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I guess Pikachu used too many amps.

8. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Was this bricked Pokemon nsp shared at that dark site?

9. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    That is where it started, yes.

Ivellios likes this.
  10. Aniblaze

Aniblaze Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2009
    Netherlands
    Would be quite impossible without actually installing anything on your switch. That's the danger of NSP versus XCI. It doesn't actually install stuff on your Switch, like fake tickets that get you banned. There's only a reference in the dashboard that a game with a certain model number was started. But model numbers are generic, and don't actually uniquely identify someone for using piracy. If the XCI left certificate headers from XCI's on the Switch, then that would be a whole other story.

Last edited by Aniblaze, Nov 15, 2018
  11. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    NSP size is 4.15GB For Pikachu and 4.16GB for Eevee, fake Pikachu one was 4GB.

Ivellios likes this.
  12. Moquedami

Moquedami GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2006
    Argentina
    thats the thing though. The brick code doesnt work in the install process. It happens when running the game (installed or not), when you run the game wichever the format, it will inject the corrupt data in the product info, or at least thats what i understood

13. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    The scene release for LGP has been out for at least a day. This one is 100% legit. Someone even posted a screenshot of the nfo in the first page. Just get that one, then you won't have to wonder if there is brick code. I wouldn't recommend getting anything from that dark site. A lot of things uploaded there just doesn't work because the dumps are bad. Just get a scene release from private places, you can't go wrong there.

14. PRAGMA

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    Yeah the scene release by LiGHTFORCE is from a cartridge and is legit, there were PLENTY fake LGP ones floating around because only eevee leaked and people exploited that.
    If you want a LEGIT original untouched torrent, look on TorrentLeech (its a private invite-only website, not public, but if you have access, there you go) [mods: if mentioning this site isnt allowed, strip out the bit of text about that but leave the rest, appreciate it]

15. flatty69

flatty69 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Colombia
    PKMLGPKC.xci and was 4.51 GB bricked my switch glad i had a backup and i got it from the dark site SMH

Last edited by flatty69, Nov 16, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted