Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

MolotovC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A summary of what I have noticed..

NTSC users seem to have more success with PAL games than own NTSC region ones.

NTSC games seem to need a Component HD connection if they work at all.

DVD+R discs will only work on already chipped consoles, on non-chipped consoles the booktype setting needs to be set to -rom ...otherwise error -4100

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mowfax said:
I used TDK DVD+R
changed Booktype to DVD-ROM
Burned with ImgBurn and 2.4x speed

Works like a charm
smile.gif

how did you chance the booktype

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MolotovC said:

DVD+R discs will only work on already chipped consoles, on non-chipped consoles the booktype setting needs to be set to -rom ...otherwise error -4100

I dont really agree with everything you stated.. however a pity about the component cable, I dont use an HD TV =/

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok we have this version, there's no unleaking it, so might as well try to debug it.

I've been trolling the forums for the whole night a lot of people (including me) seem to be haveing the ret = -4100 error. Has anyone figured out what it means?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
MolotovC said:

ummm nope wrong, i burned zelda, mario and mertriod onto DVD+Rs and they all work fine,

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
on PAL Wii/3.2E/composite cable:

Big Brain Acadamy PAL/DVD-R Memorex/burned@4x speed
Working Flawlessly (meaning 30+ minutes playtime with no crash at all), loadings are fast too.
( not like it needs to load high res textures ... )

MolotovC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
MolotovC said:

ummm nope wrong, i burned zelda, mario and mertriod onto DVD+Rs and they all work fine,

Yeh linkin mate some burners set -rom automatically for +R discs..I should of added that, hence the confusion with the -4100 error

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok thats good I'm waiting for Star wars to be burned for Xbox 360 and I'll try reburning my backups with the book type set to DVD-Rom... If that doesn't work looks like i'm gonna have to go buy some DVD-R. Thanx ! Ill keep you guys updated on the testing.

maggot666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
MolotovC said:

your burner set the dvd+r on dvd-rom automaticaly

the patcher make my brawl ripped iso a double layer iso...

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, I have a few questions I hope to get answered.

I burned Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (PAL) on an Imation DVD-R|16x medium with ONES at 2x speed. I tried the game on a PAL Wii and my console froze while the backup was loading the game during the debugging. I tried it a second time and the game loaded to a green screen which means that the game isn't compatible.

My questions are:

1. Is it ONES' fault that the disc won't boot? Did anyone try burning with Nero or Alcohol or is Imgburn necessary?
2. Does the "blocking" setting mean anything? Mine is set to the default 2048 blocks. (When using ONES)

I'm going to try it one more time with Wii Chess. If Wii Chess won't work then I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slightly irritated at the fact people with NTSC wii's and TVs are listing black & white as a fault of the game when playing PAL, when it's just the TV.
If someone is testing a PAL game on a TV that doesn't support PAL (US TVs), it will always display black & white, so I suggest you don't put it down as an error.
That said, the fact this is designed for PAL, shouldn't people mostly be testing PAL ISOs? As long as it is supported by their TV of course.

I'll go and test all the working NTSC games in PAL fairly soon (with standard A/V cables).

EDIT:
I also recommend trying all the decent PS2 remakes and any GC remakes (if there are any bar RE4, and kind of TP), as they will be the games most likely to work at a 3x read speed.

rainrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read that news on waninkok's site? Did he really abandonned the project ?
ph34r.gif

QUOTE said:
2008/09/19 - Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it.

zsakul2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old news rain =/.. and btw has anyone found out really how to fix -4100.. its pissing me off i've went through 8 discs already trying to fix it

Xiofire

Trophies
XP
Country
Just adding my input

Tried Mario Strikers, Burnt at 4x on Verbatim 8x DVD-R with IMGBurn. Graphical glitches everywhere but plays in an actual match.
Freezes sometimes on loading screens which results in a loud humming noise.

-Xiofire

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok turns out I have two computers, with two burners (Lite-on SOHW-1633S and Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S) and none of these burners support booktyping...

Any ideas ? I'm going to run out and get some DVD-R's to try burning those to see if the 4100 error persists.

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
telefunkin said:
Force Unleashed PAL, converted to NTSC using regionfrii and BrickBlocker. Worked on my NTSC Wii(d2b chipset, no modchip) using regular AV cables on a non HD TV.

I was able to load game(initial load time was long, maybe 2 minutes) and navigate menus. Tested the tutorials and seemed to be working. Regular gameplay also worked, although I only played for 15 -20 minutes. Did not seem to be any lag until I quit and went back to the menu. Once the main menu vid sequence started it chopped up and eventually froze. Not bad tho. Gameplay seemed to work without any lag or glitches and I had full color even without the component cable.
Sounds good, but i dont think converting it to NTSC was necessary to be able to play, right? Ill try it out without converting it tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm?

Xiofire

Trophies
XP
Country
killer626 said:
Ok turns out I have two computers, with two burners (Lite-on SOHW-1633S and Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S) and none of these burners support booktyping...

Any ideas ? I'm going to run out and get some DVD-R's to try burning those to see if the 4100 error persists.

Use Lite-ons own bitsetting tool to bitset your Lite-on SOHW-1633S. Should work from what I've been reading on the interwebs.

Liteon Booktype Utility

Or try KProbe.

Both should work. Hope it works

-Xiofire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow