OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

USING: Waninkoko Savegame Installer and Savegame Extractor 2.0

So I had a wii with a wiikey that I upgraded to 4.0 to by mistake w/o a CIOS installed. I still had access to the homebrew channel so I used the savegame extractor to take some of the uncopyable saves from the system (Mario kart, super smash, raving rabbids 2, raving rabbids TV party, and Trauma Center 2) and move them to my new wii.

I tested out deleting the files and saving them back again on my old wii (the original one I copied from) and it worked just fine. Now I am having trouble getting them to copy over on the new wii. When I attempt to use the savegame installer, I get the following error on my new wii: RET = -1. I made sure I played the games at least once, and also that the files were deleted from the system memory, but still no luck.

The only thing I can think of is that since I am using backup discs, without the wiikey, the extractor is having trouble reading what disc is in the machine since its a backup copy. Could this be a part of the problem? Would installing something like CIOScorps (which I know nothing about, yet, other than being able to play backups in the disc channel) fix this? Right now i've been using backuplauncher 0.3g to run disc games, and the USB loader off an external hard drive.

Any ideas or solutions? Would upgrading to 4.0 do anything? (obviously this time i'll have CIOS, and IOS60 patched). -- I still do have access to my old wii (ie: I can recover the files from the SD card and put them back on my old wii, and try a new technique instead of the savegame installer/extractor)

Worst comes to worse, I just download save files from the internet, but even those I wouldn't know how to install since they are protected

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think u should just play the games first without the saves then replace the old saves with the new one

anonymous_cactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i tried doing that, but no dice. I havn't had problems with the regular SD card transfers (by doing just that), but using the waninkoko extractor/installer for the protected games i havn't had luck.

I did some more research and based on what I've read it seems you need to have a hardware mod for the installer to work correctly, and there isn't a solution for softmods (this is going on old information, though)... if anybody can correct me or guide me in the right direction, however, it would be appreciated... otherwise i gotta start from scratch (ouch)... at least they are fun games, but super smash is gonna suck since I had so many things unlocked and that will take a loooong time to get back. eh.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cant run the disk from Disk channel then the savegame installer is not going to help you. Install CIOSCORP and try it again. Should take care of your problem.

Note, using system menu 3.2 is still your best option. System 4.0 is currently 'the best' but isn't very n00b friendly. One mistake and your screwed.

anonymous_cactus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after reading up on CIOScorp i dont want to risk screwing everything up since everything is working like it is, just to get a couple save files...

i suppose i'll just start from scratch again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol