Hacking Waninkoko Release Overhaul

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i guess it should be in most isos released after brawl/madden etc. it's not an especially new IOS.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I currently have cIOS v3 installed on my Wii, and just attempted to install cIOS v4, but got an error. With the IOS36-64-v1042 in the root of my card, the installer recognized that the IOS was there, but then when it tried to install it, I got a RET(-1035) error. Anyone know what caused that?

EDIT: Ohp, I figured it out. Just had to uninstall cIOS v3 and then cIOS v4 installed fine. Now, does WAD Manager 1.21 actually work on cIOS v4? Or is that program completely broken?

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
channel-loader doesn't work for me!
i installed protothea and i got a black screen.
cIOS is properly installed.
so whats the point of the channel-loader???

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loopguy said:

"Channel Loader" will install any region channels, Such as Jap Wii Shop, Oh and isn't there a Jap. Channel that is like a TV Guide, it shows TV schedules in Japan?

I don't see any use to us, but Hey, If you want it, it should work now.

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sstew said:
loopguy said:

"Channel Loader" will install any region channels, Such as Jap Wii Shop, Oh and isn't there a Jap. Channel that is like a TV Guide, it shows TV schedules in Japan?

freethewads does the same for me...
channel-loader = useless

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well ya, but I guess its trying to eliminate the need of a PC.. sorta
tongue.gif

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Only, Channel Loader doesn't work that well. Just to test it, I tried loading up the PAL Super Mario RPG, and just like loading it with region-free channels from StarFall, it just loaded a black screen. Bum.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
I currently have cIOS v3 installed on my Wii, and just attempted to install cIOS v4, but got an error. With the IOS36-64-v1042 in the root of my card, the installer recognized that the IOS was there, but then when it tried to install it, I got a RET(-1035) error. Anyone know what caused that?

EDIT: Ohp, I figured it out. Just had to uninstall cIOS v3 and then cIOS v4 installed fine. Now, does WAD Manager 1.21 actually work on cIOS v4? Or is that program completely broken?
Yeah, i mentioned earlier that you need to do that lol.

WAD Manager 1.21 works perfectly with the new CIOS, none of those damn install problems that were happening with CIOS rev3 lol.

QUOTE(loesjoel @ Sep 1 2008, 01:57 PM) Only, Channel Loader doesn't work that well. Just to test it, I tried loading up the PAL Super Mario RPG, and just like loading it with region-free channels from StarFall, it just loaded a black screen. Bum.
Well, it seems to work more often that not, i'd just say that SMRPG is one of those problematic games.

if you want to boot that game i figure it will probably work if you use anyregion changer to change the video mode.

I wish we had an app like this that also had the option to force certain video modes temporarily so that i don't need to muck around with my nand with anyregion changer

tahtah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sstew said:
loopguy said:

It doesn't works on a PAL Wii 3.2e I used Channel Loader and I got a black screen. I also tried loading it with WiiMU but also an black screen.
hate2.gif
I just want to use this channel on my Wii.

ifihadarubbertre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am probably not a person who should upgrade wii firmware
smile.gif
. But I still do
smile.gif
. Ok, I was one of the retards that updated to 3.3 because my wife wanted the internet. I have used the wonderful software provided by Waninkoko (cISO installer V3 + IOS37.wad + downgrader 1.1) to get my Wii back to 3.2U.

For what ever reason a gamecube emulator disc (some DVD5 +R) that I got back in the day (because i have a d2c2 with d2cPro9)no longer works. Not that it is a big deal my other game cube games work fine, but i just have to know why lol. The disk loads, shows the emulators and i can cursor up and down but when i select no banana
smile.gif
. So if anyone has an idea i wouldn't mind finding out why.

My real question is this. I have spent a lot of time reading through forums and this is my first post in any of them. I enjoy reading, but i don't see any posts on when you should change your IOS. I had to install the IOS37 to downgrade my my firmware to 3.2U. Now i have the new IOS36 rev 4 installer and wad, but the question is do i install it and what are the benifits? I see people are uninstalling their old IOS via an app also provided by Waninkoko so i am sure i would have to load that and uninstall before i install the IOS36 Rev 4. I guess i really still dont know what the darn IOS is anyway
smile.gif

You know i don't even play any Wii games on this thing, i just like reading forums and updating it to do different things just for fun. My wife laughs at me because she thinks i am going to break it and ruin her internet
smile.gif
. I probably eventually will do this, but i have to say doing the twighlight hack, loading the HBC, and looking for cool new apps has been a lot of fun.

I know it is a long post, but if you guys have any additional reading links or documents i would love to read them to learn more about this system.

-Tree

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since...