Wait or buy now n3ds for gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NintendoFan3DS, Jan 14, 2015.

  1. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    i can buy it now its imported from aus and i think it is 9.2 >=
    or lose chance and buy it for a month and count it will come with 9.2>=

    i dont know, what do you think?
     


  2. lolboy

    lolboy GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    288
    253
    Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I imported mine and kinda overpaid compare to how much they will cost. It's all about the firmware. Will the new ones be 9.2 > ?

    Its a chance you have to take.
     
  3. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    its the main question

    when did you imported it ?and what fw did u get?
     
  4. SomecallmeBerto

    SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

    Member
    1,097
    655
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    Just wait...day one people will report with firmware they got.
     
  5. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    but this show will import this just once, i got info that this is last part and i can take it in 2 days, and im thinking ...
     
  6. SomecallmeBerto

    SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

    Member
    1,097
    655
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA

    I'm sorry but I can't make heads or tails on what you are saying.
     
  7. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    sorry my bad, i say that shop will import this consoles from aus just once and im pretty sure it will come with 9.2>=
    i have 2 days to decide

    and i thinking ... wait month and buy limited edition cheaper or buy it now with low fw
     
  8. tatumanu

    tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    451
    124
    Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    Definatly wait!

    There is a very high possibility that the european release comes with 9.0-9.2 firmware.

    When the original 3ds was released, stocks of consoles were already in supply stocks ready to go to the stores months before the release date! This might be the case again.

    Plus, the Gateway exploit has not released as of this moment, we don't know everything about it yet.

    I imported a AUS 3DS XL in December before 9.3 rolled out, unfortunately it arrived after 9.3 was online... the only reason i imported was to system transfer from my old 3DS. no luck :(
     
  9. SomecallmeBerto

    SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

    Member
    1,097
    655
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA

    If you are talking about the MM limited edition...good luck that is already sold out in most places >.> As for the shop you are talking about...9/10 yeah it will come with 9.0-9.2 FW.

    Question how much would it cost in your area to import one?
     
  10. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland

    it came tu you with what fw?
     
  11. lolboy

    lolboy GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    288
    253
    Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands

    I received mine today but did not open the package yet :P So, how much are you ready to overpay by importing? If you can get the N3DS for the same price from AUS then why not ? The chances are bigger that AUS has firmware < 9.2
     
  12. tatumanu

    tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    451
    124
    Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal

    AUS 3DS XL came with 9.0.

    The limited edition New 3DS Ambassador released in the UK comes also with 9.0 as reported by many.

    Thats why i think you got nothing to lose by waiting a bit more to February
     
  13. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    its like 285$, but normal n3ds xl pre orders in gamestop costs 235$~~

    i found one offer mm edition http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edition/119888
    its same price like normal n3ds, so dont know what to do
     
  14. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    50$, its not going about cash, its risk

    if i buy it now i will not get majoras mask editon
    if i wait, mm edition can have 9.3+ and it will be baad
     
  15. lolboy

    lolboy GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    288
    253
    Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
  16. SomecallmeBerto

    SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

    Member
    1,097
    655
    Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
  17. lolboy

    lolboy GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    288
    253
    Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands

    I would go for Majoras mask :) If it turns out to be 9.2 > then Sky3DS is your other option.
     
  18. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    yeah

    if you open your n3ds, please tell me what fw u got, because you bought it recently maybe it has 9.3 :lol:
     
  19. lolboy

    lolboy GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    288
    253
    Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I would love to, not home now :(
     
  20. NintendoFan3DS
    OP

    NintendoFan3DS Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    66
    5
    Dec 29, 2014
    Poland
    yeah, but taxes will take too much

    this aus is imported from europe i pay 285$ and ill get it without taxes, but mm edition is really beautiful but we dont know what fw it has