ROM Hack Wait a minute...

kguy528

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can emulate GBC/GB games without an extension for slot 2 with moonshell?

http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

I use an r4, if I downloaded goomba color and loaded it through moonshell, would I be able to play GBC and GB games? Also, if anyone has done this before can you give me a quick tutorial? Thanks in advance

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are using a DS right?

If so, then Lameboy is probably the best DS GB/GBC emulator out there.

http://lameboy.nutki.com/

Just stick your GB/GBC roms anywhere on your SD card, run Lameboy from your R4, then browse through the folders on your SD card to find your GB roms.

Also, your post sounds like you might have been thinking about running GBA games on a DS. Currently, the iPlayer is the only flashcard that can do this, since it has extra CPU power and a DS's processing power isn't high enough to run a GBA emulator directly.
Without an iPlayer, a slot 2 flashcard of some sort is required to play GBA roms on a DS.

kguy528

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stab...does that mean I don't even need lameboy or goomba color? I can just straight up load .gbc and .gb files?

Also Zowayix...thanks I'll try it out. Also, would I need to make a seperate folder for the lameboy or does the lameboy have to be on the root?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kguy528 said:
Stab...does that mean I don't even need lameboy or goomba color? I can just straight up load .gbc and .gb files?He's saying that the DS is powerful enough to emulate GBC without slot-2.
QUOTE(kguy528 @ Oct 16 2009, 08:46 PM) Also Zowayix...thanks I'll try it out. Also, would I need to make a seperate folder for the lameboy or does the lameboy have to be on the root?
Lameboy can be anywhere, but it searches for a "lameboy" ROM folder on the root. Best to make a lameboy folder and put ROMs there.

kguy528

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I got it to work. I'm suprised by the lack of good GBC/GB games excluding pokemon. I only about 4 games here. If I have a R4SDHC, what matching slot-2 accessory do I need to emulate GBA games?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
I'm playing Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages right now. One of the greatest GB/GBC games IMO.
heh I just started that one up too
biggrin.gif

youve got pokemon, link's awakening, ages, oracles, mario land, final fantasy tactics, donkey kong... a lot of GB/GBC games have been remade into GBA or DS versions, but the originals are still good
biggrin.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kguy528 said:
Thanks guys. I got it to work. I'm suprised by the lack of good GBC/GB games excluding pokemon. I only about 4 games here. If I have a R4SDHC, what matching slot-2 accessory do I need to emulate GBA games?

Dragon Warrior monster games are awesome,you should try those if you havn't already.....

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
bwillb said:
youve got pokemon, link's awakening, ages, oracles, mario land, final fantasy tactics, donkey kong... a lot of GB/GBC games have been remade into GBA or DS versions, but the originals are still good
biggrin.gif
Wat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?