Hacking WAD Packer v0.0001 released!!!

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
Can someone explain the difference between what we are talking about here with WAD files and the WAD ISO install method, I am just very confused to be honest. Is this method attempting to install the VC game via a WAD file from the SD card?

Are both used to install VC games? I have never downloaded any VC games, PAL Wii here. Do I need to have downloaded at least one game before I can start using this method.

Cheers,
M

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mark.m.moran said:
Hi guys,
Can someone explain the difference between what we are talking about here with WAD files and the WAD ISO install method, I am just very confused to be honest. Is this method attempting to install the VC game via a WAD file from the SD card?

Are both used to install VC games? I have never downloaded any VC games, PAL Wii here. Do I need to have downloaded at least one game before I can start using this method.

Cheers,
M
EVERY channel is a .wad, the ISO is an installer, the SD card must contain the title.wad.
the .wad is none other but the channel, the ISO is the way to install it, what's so confusing?

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
crazyDogg08 said:
for US/JAP Wii Owners:

try this App to patch VC Games from PAL to US.

Wiizle Diizle Shiizle v1.3

the rar-File contains a "how to" --> "WDS_TOOL.nfo"

Please post here your results... bugs, errors etc.

!!! It's not tested... use it at your own risk !!!

tried this yet? I'll try it on the n64 mario bros ntsc if you want?

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, thanx for clearing that up. But the method to get the channels (.wad) onto the Wii is what varies is it not? I asuume using the WAD ISO method you create an ISO and burn it to a DVD then install it on the Wii buy inserting the DVD, is this the case?

With the method we are discussing here is the .wad installed from an SD card?

Cheers,
M

MarcoZ said:
mark.m.moran said:
Hi guys,

Cheers,
M
EVERY channel is a .wad, the ISO is an installer, the SD card must contain the title.wad.
the .wad is none other but the channel, the ISO is the way to install it, what's so confusing?

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, basically the method featured here requires that you use a DVD for the installer and an SD card for the WAD, not only the DVD or the SD card. Both are needed.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
OK cool, so this method is better or it is achieving a totally different thing...allowing people to rip the VC channels they currently have and making them avaialble in WAD files.

If I was to try and insatll them on my Wii would I have to have some legit VC games already on it that I bought from the Wii shop channel?

Thanx for all your patience with me, anyone coming to Dublin I'll buy ya a pint of Guinness, he he
yaypsp.gif
MarcoZ said:
No, basically the method featured here requires that you use a DVD for the installer and an SD card for the WAD, not only the DVD or the SD card. Both are needed.

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
uhm, no ripper has been made public as of now, only private ones (except from NAND FS Dumper, but that one is a different story, you have to find the .wad yourself). So this method is only for "pirated" VC games/wiiware games or the internet channel for PAL wiis, or homebrew channels as of now.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok UPDATED SHA1 CHECKER!!
http://www.filefactory.com/file/f80a7d/
o run:double click the jar smile.gif..then press read to pop a window asking for a .tmd file (if ure .tmd file is spelled .TMD just type XX.tmd in the window..)

what it shows are what files from SHARED1 you need..
so if it sais 0002/0005/0006 then you would get those and add em to ure dir with the other apps and rename them to the right order ..
if ure dir contains 0000/0003/0005/0006 already you would rename to : 0002=0001,0005=0002,0006=0004 .. hope that clears it up..pls post any feedback

thing that ive noticed though is that although this prog shows the right order.. sometimes an app contains files named 0006/0008/0009 although they should be 001/0002/0005(e.g) ..i'll try n modify my code so that it reads the hash of all the apps in your directory and changes them to the right order..

Author001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MuFFiE said:
QUOTE said:
A working version of "Paper Mario Pal" is out too smile.gif

Where did u find it ?

Here we go: Pokemon.Snap.VC.PAL.Wii-VC

Was posted on some sort of site, some minutes ago and it's working fine
wink.gif

Btw. the first NTSC is working too. Great that it's finally starting...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag