WAD manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by kiruyama, Oct 20, 2008.

Oct 20, 2008

WAD manager by kiruyama at 12:08 AM (1,158 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kiruyama
    OP

Newcomer kiruyama Advanced Member

United States
    I tried installing the Sin and Punishment wad with Waninkoko's Wad manager and wad installer, both give me the same error while installing part #5, error: ret = -1022

Do I need to have a CIOS installed or something to make it work? All I have on my Wii is the Homebrew Channel and DVDX

2. Mii

Newcomer Mii Newbie

United Kingdom
    Have you tried other WAD files?

Although I have had no problems myself with WAD files, you dont need to install a CIOS to my knowledge (I havent, I've only got dvdx installed as well!)

As for the error, I have no idea what the problem is, have you tried verifying the region, block requirement etc. using that WAD ID program - link: http://rapidshare.com/files/157078773/WadID_English.zip

btw, you dont need to use both the WAD installer and WAD Manager, they do the same thing, except the Manager can uninstall as well so you might as well just use that.

Hope that helps!
    Mii

3. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    You updated to 3.3, didn't you. You're screwed. WADs will not work for you, neither will downgrading, or anything that involves changing the system menu. You can't even install cIOS as it is.

4. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    For me, it just meant that a 1 turned into a 0 somewhere. I formatted the card, redownloaded and it worked.

But that was with a different wad (PaperMario) from a torrent.

5. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    if u went to the wii shop or upgraded nintendo blocked it