Homebrew wad manager wont load

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got homebrew channel on a 4.2 menu, but my wad manager wont load. it crashes when i load wad manager 1.3, and it doesnt recognize wad manager 1.4, or 1.5.
any ideas on how to fix this?

henniger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem, everything else in homebrew works, gamma loader, usb loader etc. except wad manager. Someone who knows a lot more than me said when I updated to 4.1u it patched the trucha bug, and you need an unpatched one to use wad manager. I went to homebrew browser and used IOS sanity check which told me that my trucha bug was still unpatched. I put wad manager v1.5 on my sd card and it won't identify it either. So if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

henniger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So homebrew will load and work fine but wad manager won't and you are on 4.2u...hmm I thought 4.2 deleted all homebrew applications and the homebrew channel itself. Can you confirm that you are on 4.2u?

atdi198d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep, im on 4.2u. it did block ALL until the hackmii installer came out and let us use the homebrew channel. we're going to have to wait until newer releases of homebrew apps are usable with 4.2 i imagine it wont take too long. im just thankful that the old emulators work in the mean time (nes, snes, gba, genesis).
biggrin.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
1/ some .elf files migth not boot anymore with newer HBC because they have a wrong format, use boot.dol instead for Wad Manager (but don't simply change the extension, it obviously won't work, look for .dol versions, they exist)

2/if you updated to 4.2 using Nintendo official update, they are installing IOS249 as a stub (which means it does absolutely nothing when loaded) and this will overwrite any custom IOS you had in that slot. When Wad Manager starts, it load IOS249 which crashes since it's now dead code.

Look for solutions on how to re-install a valid cIOS under 4.2, not sure if it's possible though since theofficial update mostly replaced ALL your vulnerable IOS during the process.... I f you had a cIOS installed as IOS250, there *might* be some hope...

JackyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You need to un-install IOS249 stup which is killed by Ninty 4.2U then reload rev14 that will enable 249 then Wad Manager will load again, the only way to so it while on 4.2U is via cboot2 method, please search for cboot2 and bannerbomb v2 in the forum and you'll find the answer
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...