Hacking Wad Manager question

Vorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to know something. You can use the WAD manager to download VC and WiiWare games, so can you use it to download Guitar Hero World Tour songs from the Music Store for free? Because 200 points for one song is outrageous, but they have some pretty good songs there.
unsure.gif

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There was a thread about hacking the DLC files, but it seemed that any mod preformed on the dlc save file caused the wii to fail loading it.

No recent word on it yet.

Personally I just buy points cards. Somehow makes me feel less pirate like.

Vorge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
It is possible. Here's some tips:
- All the DLC songs are downloadable directly from nintendo using any web browser. Figuring out the URLs isn't hard, if you look at the URLs for the IOS updates etc.
- Naturally they're encrypted, the decryption key is in the ticket (like any normal title)
- Getting a valid ticket is easy, just download a free song and do a nand dump. All the GHWT DLC content uses the same title hence all songs use the same key (with different IVs).
- The title_mask in the ticket has to be tweaked so the wii thinks you are allowed to access all the DLC.
- Modifying the ticket means it will have to be fake/trucha-signed.
- Figure out how to install a few songs at a time onto the wii, or be extra clever and work out how to encrypt them for direct storage on the SD card (still requires the modified ticket to be installed on the wii).

Note that I never mentioned the save files at all. That's because they've got nothing to do with it.
Okay thats confusing!
unsure.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well actually if you format your Wii, all of your tickets will be gone, so if you did a SD dump first you can't even acces that song either, so the DLC ticket is the way to go and try to tweak...!!!
wink.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whibo said:
So are you at the time able to transfer songs from a wii to another like if I have downloaded a free song then don't have internet on my wii anymore to download the other free songs?
I could, but it would be a lot simpler to just give your wii internet access.

ether2802Well actually if you format your Wii, all of your tickets will be gone, so if you did a SD dump first you can't even acces that song either, so the DLC ticket is the way to go and try to tweak...!!!
Formatting the wii doesn't remove ALL the tickets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)