WAD Manager Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dunsybhoy, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008

WAD Manager Question by dunsybhoy at 9:23 PM (756 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dunsybhoy
    OP

Newcomer dunsybhoy Member

United Kingdom
    Guys bit of a noob question but just something I was wondering.

I installed a couple of WAD's using the WAD manager and got the message about the system memory being full so I took some of them back of and everything is working fine so no problems there but it got me thinking about something. To remove the WADs I just deleted them through the channel data manager on the Wii. It wasn't till after I did it that I realised the WAD manager is an installer and uninstaller. Does it make any difference if you just delete the WAD through the channel manager or should you always use the uninstaller to take them off? Obviously I couldn't get into the HBC channel to start the WAD manager because the Wii won't allow you start any channels until you make some space (roll on BootMii [​IMG] ) but is just removing them this way likely to have any ill effects?

2. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    i shouldn't think so

3. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    just use anytitle deleter 1.0, it deletes everything,
    just make sure you know what you are doing

if you deleted them thru system management, you left hacked tickets installed on your wii, which is really not a big deal, but that answers your question.

4. Kokorazashi

Member Kokorazashi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I personally think you should remove them with a WAD Uninstaller because it leaves behind tickets which supposedly can be bad for you, but I'm not sure what. Do some research.

5. dunsybhoy
    OP

Newcomer dunsybhoy Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers guys been looking into it but I can't really find any info on it all. Just wondering if anyone had heard anything or had any bad experiences with them. What I may do is reinstall the WADs and then uninstall them using the WAD manager. Hopefully everything should be okay then.

6. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    You don't know to reinstall the WAD to uninstall it through the Manager if i remember correctly