Hacking Wad manager error 1022?

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was refering to my PC's card reader as working in USB 1.1 mode. In any case, the channel Wads installed successfully and I can transfer them to my sd card no problem. I still wonder why or how this happened in the first place.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='XFlak']
Don't those newer wadmanagers need an ios with ahbprot disabled to start with? I need to peep into the yawmm sources...Might be good to improve that wadmanager_gui 1.52u

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was refering to my PC's card reader as working in USB 1.1 mode. In any case, the channel Wads installed successfully and I can transfer them to my sd card no problem. I still wonder why or how this happened in the first place.
You should probably try another one. When you move your files around the md5 should not change, so something is wrong. The card reader is a good place to start. I assume that the md5 checksums match when you move stuff to your usb.

His problem is not his cios or his wad installer, his wads are corrupted.
i know you know quite a bit more than me on wii stuff but ive had this error before after updating my 249 now im going back awhile here i think i was on rev 17 all wads installed fine then updated to rev 19 and most wads gave me the 1022 error
atm i use 249 or 250 but have used 36 many times so i would suggest trying ios 36 if you can
I read somewhere that ios 249 needs to be based upon base 38 if you intend to use it for wad installs.
When changing from rev. 17 to 19, your cios probably was based upon another base.
36 or 236 aren't having that restriction, but if you have your wad's on an usb drive, it will only be accessed using the old usb 1.1 style, as ios 36 isn't having usb 2.0 support.
Not all harddisks like this.
I believe the older wad mangers give ret -1029 when the cios does not have es-identify, or a non base38

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't think so, wad managers often drop ahbprot when reloading IOSs (but AFAIK, it CAN be retained), so it shouldn't make a difference whether its loaded with ahbprot or not. However, if ahbprot is loaded, the loaded IOS needs to be have ahbprot supported in the source (ie offsets\patches and such), either that or if an unsupported IOS is loaded with ahbprot it will fail until a cIOS is reloaded

I don't think yawmm has ahbprot support, I might have the source for "yawmm4modmii" (which was never used\released), which is basically yawmm with ahbprot support. WiiMod should have some relevant code for u to look at though

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I found some patches that basically should reenable nand permissions and trucha bug. They do require ahbprot to be disabled.
So, I was wondering if it could work to use ios58 for the install that way.
It's even for me confusing if ios 236 is still needed for stuff or not? When I used mmm, installing wads with ios 249 failed.
I can't remember which ios it was based on, and maybe the restriction for base 38 was removed in a more recent version?

This doesn't mean that people trying to install wad's might still use some older tools with that restriction as well?
So I thought a warning of how it was in the past wouldn't harm.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem with 236. It throws out a -1017 error when doing certain things, but switching to 222, 249, 250, etc will do the same task with no problems. 4.3U all updates and IOS's via Modmii.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='XFlak']
Don't those newer wadmanagers need an ios with ahbprot disabled to start with? I need to peep into the yawmm sources...Might be good to improve that wadmanager_gui 1.52u
well if you are thinking about using this for neek2o, i've already test it, as is an it works as long as the wads are on usb.( yawmm is IMPO, the best wad loader). when i was trying to get crapp channels to work on neek2o thats what i was using.( choose the 249 thats loaded on neek2o.) takes a little longer to load but will.
i've posted before on here whats working with neek2o before.( when it first hit). i guess no one read it or replied to it :) (sorry went through all 6 pages of post i've been in an started, an can't find it :( .)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am trying to place the stick a little higher. I need applications that work on real nand and on neek2o. In neek2o, it doesn't matter what ios you use.
Reloading an ios takes approximatly 9 seconds, so I would like to avoid doing that as much as possible when running under neek.
On real nand, I usually reload to ios 58 to avoid some issues I am currently having when I don't reload to another (or the same) ios.
It was only last week I discovered that doing this enables ahbprot again. So, I am trying to figure out the impact on homebrew right now.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to place the stick a little higher. I need applications that work on real nand and on neek2o. In neek2o, it doesn't matter what ios you use.
Reloading an ios takes approximatly 9 seconds, so I would like to avoid doing that as much as possible when running under neek.
On real nand, I usually reload to ios 58 to avoid some issues I am currently having when I don't reload to another (or the same) ios.
It was only last week I discovered that doing this enables ahbprot again. So, I am trying to figure out the impact on homebrew right now.
well if you want me to load my nand with the apps that i know/think. that work on neek2o/real nand. i can do that i still have that nand some were on my computer. i know yawmm, uloader,wiimc, an there was a couple more that shocked me that worked.( but this was also a lower v of neek2o to. i think it was 54. haven't tried the newer v.) besides yawmm.
(* side note, ios 59 is on NUS an i coupled it with 56 with a d2x node last night using mod mii in the advance. will add the apps to this an have a couple load off the ios59 an see what happens if any thing, it's a nand so don't care if it gets screwed. this is me just having fun an a idea..*)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I appreciate you want to test again.
However, the only reason why I started to work with wadmanager_gui instead of yawmm is because I hadn't done my homewerk very well those days ( about a year ago ) Somehow, it worked without issues in those days. Only later when I updated my cios 249, problems started to appear. I cleaned up the application a little to make it ready for publication and suddenly realised it wasn't working anymore on real nand. Neek2o had moved to a newer revision as well, and probably due to a bug it didn't seem to work under neek2o anymore either. I haven't tested the other wad installers yet with the newest neek2o. After all, there is not much in it that can convince me I really need it.

So, at this moment, there is no need to retest. The neek2o issues in the latest revisions need to be fixed first.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know if you want to place the stick higher all you have to do is let me know you are having problems in the Wii Mod thread. If I don't know that you are having issues, then it's likely not on my bug list and I am not doing anything about it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I did a lot of testing of Wad Managers on S/Uneek nands and AFAIK the best way that works for me is to make a channel with the wad manager dol (I almost always get problems with forwarder channels)
I have 3 channels made in this way that I often use:
1. WAD Manager GUI - WMWN.wad uses obcd's GUI program (http://www.mediafire.com/?7taa576ad6jdap5)
2. WAD Manager 1.8 - WADS.wad uses latest wad manager that automatically applies patches on startup (http://www.mediafire.com/?2of5pa8eiijq5vy)
3. WadMgr-YAWMN.wad uses latest YAWM app works on neek2o using ios58 (http://www.mediafire.com/?4tc3tvmoaimswoo)
Those channels do the trick most of the time, doesn't freeze on IOS selection and return to neek2o system menu upon exit
@obcd please let me know if you need to do a specific test.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood