Hacking Wad manager error 1022?

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After formatting my Wii to system Menu 4.1, I attempted to install some wads onto the console. Putting IOS and cIOS on it by using the simple IOS Installer and MMM went without a hitch. However, for installing channels and WiiWare, like Netflix, I got the error listed in the title. I did some research on it and followed the procedures.
  • Updated CIOS236 to the latest version
  • formatted the SD card to FAT and then FAT32
  • removed any stub IOS
  • Used another CIOS to install.
  • Trucha Signed the Wads
All efforts yielded the same result. Is there some method I am missing? I have included a log of my last SysCheck:
Code:
sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priilaoder installed
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 67706141
Boot2 v2
Found 49 titles.
Found 27 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stub.
IOS11 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 6): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 10): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 518): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 12): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 514): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 772): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3092): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 3608, Info: rev 3351): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6174): No Patches
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[75] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS246[36] (rev 21, Info: rev 21): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v2
MIOS v5
Report generated on 2012/04/05.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1022: ,
Wad Install Error: Content did not match hash in TMD

The wad is corrupt, or poorly dumped/packed. You should get new wads, or extract the wads and make new TMD and repack. New wads would be best, not hard to find.

w/page/8844385

w/page/21164709

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloaded at least 5 different versions from different sources (one of which was the inluded link) of the Nexflix wad alone. All gave me the same error. Is it possible that there is something I missed when installing the CIOS?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using YAWMM with IOS236. If you still have issues, it is likely the WAD file. Make sure the WAD files are clean. If you have issues, try re-downloading them from another source.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load wiimod and go to advanced title manager. Have a look at installed channels. See if you have any of these listed and delete them. Then try to install again. Your cios should be fine. Any ios with the trucha bug should install it, so it is probably the wad.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upon further inspection of your sysCheck, I highly recommend you re-install all of your IOS files using ModMii. Just let the ModMii Wizard take care of everything. You can also just drag your sysCheck into ModMii and let it do the rest. You are missing crucial IOS files used for playing retail game discs, WiiWare/VC games, etc. Many of them are also unnecessarily patched.

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ran syscheck through ModMii, batch installed the wads it gave me on mmm. Almost each one gave an error 1022 after halfway installing, save the MIOS wad. These were downloaded straight from the program, so i dont belive the wads were corrupt, especially since at least one worked.

Tried to run syscheck, got "Failed to get TMD size of IOS80."

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do a md5 of the wads on your pc
then move them to your sd card
do an md5 check and see if they are the same

modmii makes an md5 file for its wads, and checks them on your pc.
See if the wads still pass the md5 check when you move them to your sd card.

perhaps it is your pc.

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checksums for all the IOSes that didn't work don't match. The MIOS one did, but all the others i compared didn't. So, how could this happen? I just ctrl-c and ctrl-v'd them onto the card. Do I not have it on the proper format (it's FAT32 right now) ?

Also, is there a way to clean up the shoddy install from before? System Menu, BootMii and HBC still work, but I don't know about anything else.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to dl the wad directly to sd or in modmii set save path directly to sd or pack all the wads in a zip and extract directly to sd. The wads are corrupting somehow when you are moving them from your pc to sd card, the checksums should not change when you move them. DL your wads as zip files and extract them directly to the sd card, that will hopefully help.

highsteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If a simple copy/paste corrupts his files I would seriously start backing up data on the comp as it might indicate HD failure. (Alternatively it might be his SD card failing randomly)

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zipping, tansferring, then unzipping did not help. It still gives me a non-matching checksum, even if I use a seperate card. Also I get this error if I use another PC. Is there anything else I can do?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a simple copy/paste corrupts his files I would seriously start backing up data on the comp as it might indicate HD failure. (Alternatively it might be his SD card failing randomly)
zipping, tansferring, then unzipping did not help. It still gives me a non-matching checksum, even if I use a seperate card. Also I get this error if I use another PC. Is there anything else I can do?
JUST USE YAWMM, i hate MMM it has always given me these same codes, no matter if it's a wad from mod mii, or a wad found on the net.. copy/paste doesn't corrupte the file either it's the same method i use. go in to mod mii to the apps section an find yawmm, download it an your good to go . you don't have to use 236. you can use any cios from 202-250. as long as it has nand acc. an by the looks of this you might have dark crap.(darkcorp). get rid of it .

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
His problem is not his cios or his wad installer, his wads are corrupted.
Find a ziped wad, download it directly to your sd card and to your pc. Extract it directly to your sd card and directly to your pc. Compare the checksums, they had best be the same. If they don't match, you have issues. Try extracting the zips with 7zip, works great for me.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does sound like your SD card is bad, but if you're having the same trouble with a separate card, then it could be the card reader. What if you try using FTP to get them onto the card while it's in the Wii? Or you could use a USB thumb drive/HDD; or you could reformat your SD card and try again. Personally, I would go with YAWMM and a USB drive.

HectorCeromus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the YAWMM app on the SD, and the IOS wads on a seperate thumbdrive. It's not giving me any fits anymore. I glad that it's working now, but I don't understand how or why. Could it be my card reader? It has been acting like it's a USB 1.1 device for a while, but it's never corrupted data like this before.... I'll see if I can install the channel wads the same way, make sure it's not a lucky fluke or something.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
His problem is not his cios or his wad installer, his wads are corrupted.
i know you know quite a bit more than me on wii stuff but ive had this error before after updating my 249 now im going back awhile here i think i was on rev 17 all wads installed fine then updated to rev 19 and most wads gave me the 1022 error
atm i use 249 or 250 but have used 36 many times so i would suggest trying ios 36 if you can

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I read somewhere that ios 249 needs to be based upon base 38 if you intend to use it for wad installs.
When changing from rev. 17 to 19, your cios probably was based upon another base.
36 or 236 aren't having that restriction, but if you have your wad's on an usb drive, it will only be accessed using the old usb 1.1 style, as ios 36 isn't having usb 2.0 support.
Not all harddisks like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night