wad manager 1.2 crash after installing wad

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bestperson, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008
  1. bestperson
    OP

Member bestperson Advanced Member

United States
    i installed the wad manager 1.2 channel and also have wad manager on my homebrew channel.

for some reason every time i install a wad using the wad manager channel the wii crashes after the wad successfully installs and i click the home button to get back to wii menu. it spits out a bunch of numbers and the power button on the wii doesn't work i have to actually pull the plug out of the wii.

once i get back to the wii menu the wad is installed successfully and works perfectly. i tried this with 3 different wads for 3 different games and it did the same thing every time.

when i run the wad manager 1.2 from the homebrew channel this doesn't happen at all it lets me exit using the home key and get back to the wii menu without any problems.

does anybody have any ideas. thanks in advance for the help.

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    the reason is because some numnuts, has injected that version that return to menu as a wad cahnnel, instead of the version that restarts wii, so find the wad channel of that particular one, if you try quitting a channel, that has no restart wii option it will code like yours is doing.

3. bestperson
    OP

Member bestperson Advanced Member

United States
    awesome. thank you very much. i would have never thought of that. i appreciate it.

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    all part of friendly service, [​IMG] later