Homebrew vWii VS. WiiU emulation

RanGers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it won't conflict.
at worse, it will replace what you already have (overwriting it).
at best, it will update it.

just note that common setup in most guides tell users to install 2 different cIOS :
slot 249 : a cIOS based on IOS 56 (lot of games are working, but not all)
slot 250 : a cIOS based on IOS 57 (more games are working, but it's slightly slower than the other one).

By default, loaders are using slot249, so most guide tell users to switch to 250 in the loader's setting.
I don't see the point installing a bad cIOS in the default slot just to not use it anyway.
that's why you found my post saying to install the base57 in slot249 (default slot = best compatibility)

So, if you followed an old guide, maybe you already have the dual setup I mentionned.
installing base57 in slot249 might just ends having both 249 and 250 with the same cIOS base/version, replacing your 249(56) with a 249(57).
you'll have :
249 base57
250 base57
there's no point doing that. Just edit your loader's setting to use slot250 if you already have base57 installed.
Excellent, I will check which cIOS I have in there, if not I will just re install them, the tutorial I found which is the one with 1.2m views on youtube posted in 2012. He did know said to used cIOS but WAD Manager, so I guest I will just do the steps you mentioned, I will post with an update tonight. Thank you good sir!

RanGers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it won't conflict.
at worse, it will replace what you already have (overwriting it).
at best, it will update it.

just note that common setup in most guides tell users to install 2 different cIOS :
slot 249 : a cIOS based on IOS 56 (lot of games are working, but not all)
slot 250 : a cIOS based on IOS 57 (more games are working, but it's slightly slower than the other one).

By default, loaders are using slot249, so most guide tell users to switch to 250 in the loader's setting.
I don't see the point installing a bad cIOS in the default slot just to not use it anyway.
that's why you found my post saying to install the base57 in slot249 (default slot = best compatibility)

So, if you followed an old guide, maybe you already have the dual setup I mentionned.
installing base57 in slot249 might just ends having both 249 and 250 with the same cIOS base/version, replacing your 249(56) with a 249(57).
you'll have :
249 base57
250 base57
there's no point doing that. Just edit your loader's setting to use slot250 if you already have base57 installed.
You are amazing sir! I did the steps you told me to do, I updated the Wii as well, after the update I installed the IOS you told me to, connected my USB/HDD and it worked flawlessly .

Thanks again!

Any way you could direct me to a manual to install Homebrew on my Wii U as well? sorry if it is too much to ask,

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.