Hacking [vWii] USB stick doesn't recognize?

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

So I decided to use a 4GB USB Stick for Nintendont and gave it a try.
For whatever reason, the Wii U's vWii doesn't recognize the USB stick, not in HBC, not in N64 emulator, never...

On my Wii that's hooked up to a black & white CRT (lol), it works.

Does vWii even recognize USB sticks at all?
If so, what do you have to do?

Thanks in advance.

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe wrong USB port?
You should use the upper one (when WiiU lays vertically)in the back , this one transfer data. Other ones won'the work.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
vwii has a low power output maybe your flashdrives needs more power if thats the case you would need a y cable.

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try the back of the USB.

Also my HDD has even a power supply, but was also connected to front USB ports, I'll try the back of the USB when I'm home.
Thanks.

D

Deleted-355425

I'll try the back of the USB.

Also my HDD has even a power supply, but was also connected to front USB ports, I'll try the back of the USB when I'm home.
Thanks.

Try the back top one, nearest the edge of the console :)

Shmario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there a way to make front ports work to Nintendo Gamecube Controller adapter or a HDD on usb loader gx ?

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Front dosen't work for everyone ;-)
As in my first reply only top back usb transfer data.
Glad i could help.

Yep, I know. Not according to Cyan though. Kappa
But yeah, thanks!

is there a way to make front ports work to Nintendo Gamecube Controller adapter or a HDD on usb loader gx?
Not the HDD. Not sure about the GameCube controller adapter.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to make front ports work to Nintendo Gamecube Controller adapter or a HDD on usb loader gx ?

The adapter works for Nintendont games, but not for other VC titles. Kind of a bummer since the controllers worked so well on the original Wii for all titles. I imagine with some coding someone could get them to be recognized as a classic controller again through vWii, but may require IOSU as Scarlet mentioned.

emuman100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The adapter works for Nintendont games, but not for other VC titles. Kind of a bummer since the controllers worked so well on the original Wii for all titles. I imagine with some coding someone could get them to be recognized as a classic controller again through vWii, but may require IOSU as Scarlet mentioned.

There is a classic controller for the wiimote. I used it all the time for VC games. By the way, those VC wads could brick your vWii. I see people installing them like candy on this forum, and every time they do, they risk bricking their vWii.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a classic controller for the wiimote. I used it all the time for VC games. By the way, those VC wads could brick your vWii. I see people installing them like candy on this forum, and every time they do, they risk bricking their vWii.

Not if you install them to emuNAND on your external HDD ;). And yeah the classic controller works, but the GC controller is just sooooo nice haha.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It works with nintendont, so nintendo mapped all 4 ports in their usb driver.
If you set IOS58 in other homebrew, it should have the same effect, so you can list front port in USBLoaderGX but you won't be able to play Wii games or EmuNAND from it as it require a cIOS (limited to port 0 or port1)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F