hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
brand new usb. formatted fat32. works on regular Wii. but not on vWii. detected as an absurd number in usb loader and not detected at all in wiiflow. what should i do.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. use enough power (use a Y-cable to get power from 2 USB port if your drive is not externally powered)
2. set the loader to use slot58 if it's still not enough (settings > loader settings > loader's IOS : 58)
3. don't use a flash drive, use an external hard drive. If it works on Wii, it should be issue 1 or 2.

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
also sd card is not detected in vWii homebrew. whats that about?
1. use enough power (use a Y-cable to get power from 2 USB port if your drive is not externally powered)
2. set the loader to use slot58 if it's still not enough (settings > loader settings > loader's IOS : 58)
3. don't use a flash drive, use an external hard drive. If it works on Wii, it should be issue 1 or 2.
it is a simple flash drive it has more than enough power. this flash drive has worked with regular wii and hard drives have not. i have cios249 already setup to be used. ios58 doesnt help.

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
so i got the sd working. apparently most homebrew dont like my microsd adapter. gonna get a 32gb sd soon(tm) and apparently one of the usb sticks doesnt work with the wiiu but the other does(?) i got them in a pack from target, welp transferring stuff now. will update soon(tm).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2 sd cards for wiiu atm. 1 for vWii one for WiiU homebrew (the adapter one because the vWii one is 4gb).

update: usb now works with (both ports mode) cIOS 249 (that alt-vWii with base of 56) yay.

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
You should take @Cyan 's advice. Just because it works on regular Wii doesn't mean it will work on vWii
i just said i got it working(?) it was just a faulty usb. cheap usbs often have this issue. it had absolutely nothing to do with the console itself.

You should take @Cyan 's advice. Just because it works on regular Wii doesn't mean it will work on vWii
also cIOS 249 is better than ios58. im using a flash drive not a hard drive so Y cables are useless and unnecessary. and theres no need to use an external hard drive when i have usb working fine. all points he has stated have been invalidated before you said follow his advice.

well i suppose i didnt mention the usb was faulty. :P so you got me there

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad you found your issue and that you had more devices to test with.
sometime, users only have one and don't want to buy another, we have to try things on the console's side to get the faulty device to work. but sometime it's just not working.

sorry I didn't mention to test another USB or SD, as users more often fix the detection issue with IOS58, I forgot about the other possibilities.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you found your issue and that you had more devices to test with.
sometime, users only have one and don't want to buy another, we have to try things on the console's side to get the faulty device to work. but sometime it's just not working.

sorry I didn't mention to test another USB or SD, as users more often fix the detection issue with IOS58, I forgot about the other possibilities.
naw its fine. i got everything working now :P

TheyLoveK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i got the sd working. apparently most homebrew dont like my microsd adapter. gonna get a 32gb sd soon(tm) and apparently one of the usb sticks doesnt work with the wiiu but the other does(?) i got them in a pack from target, welp transferring stuff now. will update soon(tm).

2 sd cards for wiiu atm. 1 for vWii one for WiiU homebrew (the adapter one because the vWii one is 4gb).

update: usb now works with (both ports mode) cIOS 249 (that alt-vWii with base of 56) yay.
How did you get it to work having the same problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm