Hacking vWii Hard Drive Not Recognised

SplitPixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the vWii all hacked and working as expected. It has been patched with all the IOS and CIOS updates. However, when I come to load GX Loader (latest version) it doesn't recognise my external USB driver.

This drive is externally powered, so I don't believe I need to use the Y splitter cable.

I have connected this USB drive to the top USB slot at the rear of the WiiU.

The USB drive I am connecting is from my old Wii console. It works perfectly there with GX Loader. This drive is formatted using WBFS.

I have another USB drive connected to the front of the WiiU which has WiiU games installed. This is all working as expected.

What am I missing? Is it because it's formatted using WBFS (I thought that it was supposed to recognise WBFS)?

SplitPixel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The recommended conversion utility above worked flawlessly and was extremely quick.

Do you have to do anything to the folders / files. They now appear in an WFBS folder with folders for each of the games within. It looks like it's ready to use, but just wanted to check.

I also noticed that files are in WBFS format and the ones larger than 4GB are split. Do I need to do anything with these files or does GX Loader (and other loaders) simply work with the split files?

jupitersj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The recommended conversion utility above worked flawlessly and was extremely quick.

Do you have to do anything to the folders / files. They now appear in an WFBS folder with folders for each of the games within. It looks like it's ready to use, but just wanted to check.

I also noticed that files are in WBFS format and the ones larger than 4GB are split. Do I need to do anything with these files or does GX Loader (and other loaders) simply work with the split files?

The files are usually split at 4GB because Fat32 doesn't support bigger file sizes. USB Loader works with them perfectly fine.

WBFS\Game Title [ID]\ID.wbfs is the proper format.

Last edited by jupitersj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD