Homebrew VWii Black Screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you especify what were you doing for this to happen? It seems like if you deleted your slccmpt

if you deleted the slcmpt, I think you'd get a "the system files are corrupt" message. that's what it says on rednand when it can't access the virtual wii. it's incompatible.

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if you deleted the slcmpt, I think you'd get a "the system files are corrupt" message. that's what it says on rednand when it can't access the virtual wii. it's incompatible.
O i I was wrong, I was trying to say that he probably deleted something essential from the slccmpt, but however it seems weird that black screen appear after using decaffeinator

Last edited by Marcus777,

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I agree. I would think that message would've popped up.
Wait I remember that I saw something similar in the vWii nand restorer thread, but it said that if you deleted the slccmpt, the console pop up an extrange message until you restored the nand

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this matters in this case, but maybe he's using the wrong ftpii u everywhere. I know at least with slc, there's mocha and haxchi. the directory list won't appear if you use the wrong one.

Reactions: Marcus777

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing the Decaffeinator can't restore is the Wii Menus "setting.txt". If you cleared the NAND this setting.txt doesn't exist or has the wrong modes. You can regenerate the setting.txt using your serial number and the tool I attached to this thread. Then you need to use the vWii NAND restorer or wupclient to fix the permissions of this file. Maybe this can be integrated into a vWii Decaffeinator v2?

Attachments

• SettingEdit.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 228

DMSUYT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing the Decaffeinator can't restore is the Wii Menus "setting.txt". If you cleared the NAND this setting.txt doesn't exist or has the wrong modes. You can regenerate the setting.txt using your serial number and the tool I attached to this thread. Then you need to use the vWii NAND restorer or wupclient to fix the permissions of this file. Maybe this can be integrated into a vWii Decaffeinator v2?
It didn't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.