vWii and forwarders

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Cecilmax, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    Hello, I just follow theses instructions to make Snes9xgx animated forwarder work on vWii

https://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/

it work just fine but when I try to convert this one.

It doesnt work. I just can't succeed to install it with any wad manager, always failed to install whatever cios I choose.

Any Idea ?

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's a channel you converted yourself manually ? (extracting, replacing app and repacking)
    or it's an existing channel from that thread, or a WAD you converted with joostinOnline automated tool?

if it doesn't install, it's probably because one of the .app file is wrong, or the wad didn't repack correctly.
    if you did it yourself, restart and verify you are replacing the correct file (check the size, it's possible the .app you replaced is not the usual one, it could be named 00000002.app instead of 00000001.app etc.)

You can try JoostinOnline converter instead. drag/drop the wad on his converter and you get a vWii compatible channel.

in all cases, you should verify that the original channel is working fine on Wii.
    If you install a corrupted channel, you risk a brick. Bricking the Wii with a channel can be fixed (if you have priiloader or bootmii@boot2) but bricking the vWii is irreversible. You can also install the vWii channel on Wii, you just can't run it but you can see if the animated banner works.
    if you don't have a Wii, I recommend trying that channel using vWii Sneek (or neek2o beta) where you can install channels and test the banner animation without touching your NAND.

3. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    Thank you very much for your help, I will try the JoostinOnline converter tool.

Its a channel that I converted manually.

I didnt not test it on Wii, I supposed it work :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you have the linkwhere I can download JoostinOnline converter ?

4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  5. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    Hello, I just try the tool and still same error -1035 when trying to install it with a wad manager. I think the channel its just wrong.

6. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Try to install the unmodified version. You won't be able to run it, but see if you get an error. If it works, just uninstall it.

7. Cecilmax
    OP

Cecilmax GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Canada
    If I remember right, it was installed before, it run well, but the minute I click start to launch the emulator it give me black screen...