Japanese - 日本語 - Language Learning

ようこそ! Welcome!​

This is a group for all of us who are interested in learning Japanese, no matter which level you are. Let's help each other with resources, answering questions that other members have, practice with each other, or just discuss Japanese learning in general.

Please be patient until the group is completely set up, and come with ideas. The thought is to have sub-forums for different JLPT levels, for practice, for questions, for resources and general discussion.

You can upload photos of your handwriting practice, show your collection of books, and eventually add events to the calendar for practice sessions perhaps? Who knows! :)

So welcome to the group dedicated for learning Japanese! Let's make it a great group!
Japanese - 日本語 - Language Learning
Japanese - 日本語 - Language Learning

Vocabulary or Grammar first?

  • Thread starter Thread starter manupera
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,045
  • Replies Replies 1

manupera

*clicking circles*
Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2016
Messages
677
Reaction score
284
Trophies
0
Location
Keyblade Graveyard
XP
2,524
Country
Italy
Hi people! First post here.

First, a little bit of backstory: I've studies Japanese for a full year properly at Uni and then when Covid hit everything came crushing down so that was a real bummer. I got so good at it that I was able to write and memorize all by myself a nice 自己紹介 (じこしょうかい) (Jikoshoukai) which is basically a self-introduction. I used Genki for vocabulary and grammar, and almost 0 outside sources aside from some website to help remember the vocabulary, maybe I'll post my pastebin here in another post as I think it's pretty useful.

Anyways, I want to start learning Japanese again. Where should I start? Do I get back into Genki right away? Do I focus on vocabulary first? I saved up a channel in my feeds called NihongoDekita and they offer, in the form of shorts, little tidbits about the Japanese language, maybe I'll start there to build a tiny vocabulary and/or expression list. Also, what are your opinions on ToKini Andy's Genki series? Is it good? Sorry for my broken english in advance.

Have a great day!
 
I am by far from a valid source. But in my opinion, I would say Vocabulary first, you can't tell the grammar of a sentence if you can't read the words.
 
  • Like
Reactions: manupera

Group statistics

Group owner:
Issac
Members:
224
Threads:
24
Messages:
114
Photos:
0

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted