Vitashell does not let me install games to USB drive

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by blueagent1999, Jul 18, 2017.

1. blueagent1999
    OP

blueagent1999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    hello everyone!

on my VitaTV, VitaShell only let me use the USB drive to install games to either the console's internal memory or the memory card itself.

aside from these two options, VitaShell absolutely refuses to let me install games FROM and TO the same USB drive.

i've tried everything, but VitaShell kept saying there's no space to install even though i have 14GB of space left on my USB drive. i assume that VitaShell is trying to install to the console's internal memory which only has 1gb. so why is it doing that? why won't it just install the game to my USB drive? there's plenty of space there and yet VitaShell just keeps trying to install games to the console's internal memory, why is it doing that?

question:

-does this mean that VitaShell can only install games from the USB drive to a memory card?

-so VitaShell is not capable of installing games FROM and TO the same USB drive?

thanks everyone for the help!

Last edited by blueagent1999, Jul 18, 2017
  2. Primula

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    did you mount and made the usb the main ux0

3. blueagent1999
    OP

blueagent1999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Hong Kong
    thanks for the help! it seems the usb drive needs to be mounted twice in order for it to be used properly. everything works great now!

thanks again for the help!

4. Primula

Primula GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2016
    United States
    Yea first one just mount the drive but it still an external uma0 where the second one actually mount it as the ux0