Hacking Vita TV-General questions

Aneesh India

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So folks, i am one of the happy gamer who has successfully jailbroken few vita on different firmwares.
Henkaku is awesome as heaven :)

OK, today i am getting a vita tv from my client which i may want to hack.

The only original catridge i have is fifa13 to check on the vita tv. I have basically never seen a vita tv yet and i heard it has big time compatibility issues with most of the good games.
kindly suggest me a link where i can see the latest compatible games for vita tv.

http://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/list-of-playstation-tv-compatible-games/

this is the list that i am looking at.

i hope the hack method for vita tv is as same as vita. suggestions/do's/dont's appreciated

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Updating a PSTV to 3.6 is even easier than a regular vita: http://wololo.net/2016/08/09/manually-update-ps-vita-firmware-3-60/

Installing HENkaku is exactly the same as normal.

Then install the whitelist/antiblacklist: http://wololo.net/2016/08/12/release-antiblacklist-advanced-whitelister-homebrew/

Some games may not really be playable due to lack of touchscreen, others like wipeout only need touchscreen for the menus.
You can hold the PS button and enable emulation of front/rear touch using the analogue sticks: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/pstv/game/touchpointer.html

Last edited by Count Duckula,

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides touch screen & back touchpad issue mentioned above, gyroscope and front & back cameras are also missing from Vita TV. "Flow", for example, only allows motion control and won't let you do anything on Vita TV after game starts with whitelist. Another example is "Tearaway" which features heavy use of gyroscope and cameras even on title screen. It crashes at title screen on Vita TV with whitelist.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Aneesh India

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ok thanks for inputs.

i hope i can still use the vita organiser0.5.2 to transfer my library of downloaded ps vita games to the memory card of vita tv via ftp.

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks for inputs.

i hope i can still use the vita organiser0.5.2 to transfer my library of downloaded ps vita games to the memory card of vita tv via ftp.

Game installation is exactly the same for Vita and Vita TV, except that Vita TV has Ethernet support.

If both your Vita and Vita TV use the same PSN account or neither of them uses any PSN account, you can freely swap vita memory cards between them. I sometimes play Persona 4 on a slim in office during lunch break. After work, I just pop out the vita memory card from slim and continue the game on Vita TV at home. Kinda like what Nintendo NX was rumored for.

Last edited by haojiezhu,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Besides touch screen & back touchpad issue mentioned above, gyroscope and front & back cameras are also missing from Vita TV. "Flow", for example, only allows motion control and won't let you do anything on Vita TV after game starts with whitelist. Another example is "Tearaway" which features heavy use of gyroscope and cameras even on title screen. It crashes at title screen on Vita TV with whitelist.
What?! Did SONY seriously not implement the motion controls that even DS3 has? :blink:

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aneesh India

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Game installation is exactly the same for Vita and Vita TV, except that Vita TV has Ethernet support.

If both your Vita and Vita TV use the same PSN account or neither of them uses any PSN account, you can freely swap vita memory cards between them. I sometimes play Persona 4 on a slim in office during lunch break. After work, I just pop out the vita memory card from slim and continue the game on Vita TV at home. Kinda like what Nintendo NX was rumored for.

thats exactly was my next question. thanks for answering.

Also, one more question is that - would i have a chance where i might be unlucky to get a stock firmware of 3.61 on a vita tv yet? Have people seen them in the wild?

Last edited by Aneesh India,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
thats exactly was my next question. thanks for answering.

Also, one more question is that - would i have a chance where i might be unlucky to get a stock firmware of 3.61 on a vita tv yet? Have people seen them in the wild?
As far as I know, the PSTV has been discontinued before 3.61 was released, so there's no way.

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agree and may be if i buy a refurbished ones from stores !

How about Youtube or any video streaming app on vita tv with henkaku?
Do i have chances for that?

Youtube app for Vita was discontinued long time ago. You just use web browser to visit YouTube on Vita. It can play Youtube videos in HD. Netflix works fine on Vita TV with whitelist. But you won't find Netflix app in the PSN store on a Vita TV. So I installed Netflix to memory card with a Vita slim and then moved that memory card to Vita TV. There are other ways to install Netflix on Vita TV. You can Google it.

Last edited by haojiezhu,

Aneesh India

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Youtube app for Vita was discontinued long time ago. You just use web browser to visit YouTube on Vita. It can play Youtube videos in HD. Netflix works fine on Vita TV with whitelist. But you won't find Netflix app in the PSN store on a Vita TV. So I installed Netflix to memory card with a Vita slim and then moved that memory card to Vita TV. There are other ways to install Netflix on Vita TV. You can Google it.

thanks. i would prefer the youtube on browser.
no, i am not much into netflix.

I have finally ordered one vita tv from groupon usa through my friend for $47 and i am excited to receive it.

Last edited by Aneesh India,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: