Hacking Vita Power menu question

Would you be willing to dump VITA TV power icon?

• Yeah, no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah hell no. I have no idea how to do that

• Already have it but I'm not sharing with you!

• No really can't be done sorry bro.

• Total voters

phant0mg33k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all i have a vita on 3.36 and I was is there a way to make or add the PSVTV power down bubble to the standard vita, I have come across the psp/vita power homebrew, buuuut this will not shut down the device. I was wondering if it was possible I have already built that homebrew into a bubble. I have poked forums @ wololo about it but to no avail, thanks guys. Attached is the bubble I made, as a side note no need to run the homebrew thru VHBL.

Attachments

• 2016-04-24-195057.jpg
    2016-04-24-195057.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by phant0mg33k,
D

Deleted User

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to make the power button bubble function actually work on a Vita unless you can swap/add/modify a few files from the PSTV NAND onto the Vita's NAND to make that function work, but that'd require some sort of native kernel exploit that can access the os0: and vs0: partitions...

^ By the way, that's a theory. I'm not 100% sure if that's the actual/valid answer.

I could've dumped the power button stuff from my PSTV and tested this, but I think my PSTV is on 3.57 so I can't even use the calender exploit, let alone the email exploit, to dump them. :sad:

Last edited by ,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I could've dumped the power button stuff from my PSTV and tested this, but I think my PSTV is on 3.57 so I can't even use the calender exploit, let alone the email exploit, to dump them. :sad:

Ah, you soon miss the power of the failmail exploit. I have a feeling 3.51 is going to be the last good version now - not enough people are working on the Vita, hacker community wise, to find any other gamebreaking exploit that makes the Vita fully hackable regardless of firmware versions.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Ah, you soon miss the power of the failmail exploit. I have a feeling 3.51 is going to be the last good version now - not enough people are working on the Vita, hacker community wise, to find any other gamebreaking exploit that makes the Vita fully hackable regardless of firmware versions.
Well to be honest, I only updated my PSTV for online access. My Vita is still on 3.30 though. :)

phant0mg33k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason this all came to light is with fail mail you can re add the PKG installer, but you cant open it, play with the bubble and open the app card that is it. Thinking is see if we could point to the directory to see maybe if it even exists. Thanks guys,

Last edited by phant0mg33k,

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I think some have already done this. And since the Vita and TV share the same software it's possible that it's already there, you just need to make a bubble for it.
So try that maybe?

//tfw still on 3.50

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs